Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Re: 1st Test ride!  (Read 4808 times)

Offline gogs01

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200RT SE
  • City / Town: Dundee
Re: 1st Test ride!
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 03:38:45 am »
Aaahhh - yes, I know what you mean about the rubber bumpers on the Pan - seem like a good idea.

Police spec BMs come with crash bars front and rear, but since mine has neither I'll try to keep it on it's tyres !

Offline Chris Higgs

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2 x TT, now an SE
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 12:13:17 am »
The Pan 'tip over wings' are a great idea. Been knocked off once and dropped mine twice at low speeds and the wings prevented any real damage. I wish the Trophy had them - a real bonus.

@Marcus - I ordered the bike with engine bars, but they aren't available yet - have to wait till mid January apparently. Don't think dealers knew that, two quoted me with them in the price.
They are an R&G part and cost £399  :005: but I can't afford to wreck the plastic more than I can't afford the engine bars...

Have now done about 400 miles including London and back.
Filtered fine along the A40 in rush hour tonight, no worries on that score. Went down in the rain on Wednesday.
Thighs got too wet for just leathers (didn't get wet legs on the Pan at all) - the rain seems to flip off the sides of the screen and down onto the tank. May have to experiment with the screen angle to see if that can be lessened.
There is less wind protection to your lower legs than on the Pan, certainly.
However, the riding position is much more comfortable, the wind noise far less and no buffeting. As some reviews said, 80mph with visor up no problem.

I read the Ride article and don't agree with much of it. I think Pan riders will like the Trophy, though as I am still running it in, I don't know if the Trophy is quite as lively as a Pan (1300) yet; haven't had it over 5k rpm so far.

DVSA ERS trainer
National Diploma in advanced motorcycle instruction
IAM Masters (with Distinction)
IAM National Observer and Local Observer Assessor

Offline Marcus

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 11:16:54 am »
 Thanks Thickbrit have been in touch with my local Triumph dealer who deals with R&G Hampshire to get prices and delivery details. I've been on there web site and they look perfect so they should at £400. ! You say your legs get wet when it rains, it may be possable to fit defectors as with the Pan. Like you as more Trophy's go on the road more accessories will hopefully become available.Hoping to have delivery of my Silver SE mid January can't wait !

tweedy-bunch