Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: TwistyRide.com and Garmin Zumo 660 .. help !  (Read 2595 times)

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
  • Happy Happy Pillion Girl
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Black :O)
  • City / Town: Mercia Marina, Derby
TwistyRide.com and Garmin Zumo 660 .. help !
« on: August 12, 2013, 04:29:42 PM »
Hi All

Not sure I'm posting this in the right place but ... has anybody used TwistyRide.com to plan a touring route and successfully downloaded it to a Zumo 600?  I'm going boggle-eyed trying to figure it out  :233:

Carol
Trophy SE 2015 in Sexy Phantom Black!

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: TwistyRide.com and Garmin Zumo 660 .. help !
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 05:55:05 PM »
I have never even heard of twistyride.com!

I will go and take a look.

I tend to use Garmin Basecamp for my offline rout planning. Can let th software come up with a basic route then drag it round to more interesting roads!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 06:49:48 PM »
Aha .. I've actually sussed it and have downloaded all 4 days of routes to the Garmin and ready for action on Friday .. Hoorah  :152:

I'm pretty much a newbie to biking (pillioning .. if there is such a word!) in as much as it's 30 years since I did it last, so I'm only just discovering all the sites, hotels, info etc etc, but I found TwistyRides.com when I was trying to work out this Scottish tour.  Normally I used to use AA routefinder just to vaguely check out routes but its all so boring with lots of motorways and I came across TwistyRides where you can use their journey planner and put in your start and end destinations and around half a dozen inbetweeny spots and it works out from its database the best TWISTY and best VIEWY roads and avoids motorways.  Of course what was initially a 4 hour journey to Langholme is now around 7 hours but hey, give me an A road anyday! 

I shall report back next Tuesday as to just how good the roads are  :002:  If anybody else has used it, do let me know if it actually works, if we end up in a field with Highland cattle (yes, thats happened to me before in a car! and yes, I did have to actually get out of the car to open the gate first  :034:) I'll let you know.

Carol

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 07:14:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by TicketyBoo [+]
Aha .. I've actually sussed it and have downloaded all 4 days of routes to the Garmin and ready for action on Friday .. Hoorah  :152:

I'm pretty much a newbie to biking (pillioning .. if there is such a word!) in as much as it's 30 years since I did it last, so I'm only just discovering all the sites, hotels, info etc etc, but I found TwistyRides.com when I was trying to work out this Scottish tour.  Normally I used to use AA routefinder just to vaguely check out routes but its all so boring with lots of motorways and I came across TwistyRides where you can use their journey planner and put in your start and end destinations and around half a dozen inbetweeny spots and it works out from its database the best TWISTY and best VIEWY roads and avoids motorways.  Of course what was initially a 4 hour journey to Langholme is now around 7 hours but hey, give me an A road anyday! 

I shall report back next Tuesday as to just how good the roads are  :002:  If anybody else has used it, do let me know if it actually works, if we end up in a field with Highland cattle (yes, thats happened to me before in a car! and yes, I did have to actually get out of the car to open the gate first  :034:) I'll let you know.

Carol

I've done a lot of touring around Scotland over the years. Just enjoy the ride and the scenery the roads are great. Take some Jungle Formula for the midges if on the West side  :028: :028:
As in the other threads we get into Chesterfield very often so a meet up is more than probable.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 07:22:04 PM »
I can't wait to get going on Friday, fingers crossed for no (or very little rain) don't care what else the weather does though.  We are nipping to the west coast - Girvan - as part of day two, a bit of a loop from Langholme, coast and back to Moffat where we're staying on the second night, then a loop the opposite direction the following day towards the east.  Do you have any recommendations for places to see in either area at all (or roads to ride on of course!).

A meet up sounds excellent - definitely if you find yourself in this direction give us a shout - its always great to meet other bikers, but especially Trophy riders  :152:

Carol

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 07:37:39 PM »
Hi Carol

Best thing to do now is ride your plan. Don't be too ambitious you cant see all Scotland in 4 days. A few years ago when riding the Harley we took 50+ bikes around Scotland over 7 days and only scratched the surface.
Glad to meet up and then you can tell us how you got on and we can the suggest other areas and route's.
Take care ride safe and hope to see you both soon.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 08:23:18 PM »
I don't think I really realised just how huge Scotland is even though I've been to several places before (pre motorbike) so not a chance of seeing huge amounts in 4 days, but starting south and not far over the border I'm thinking we'll inch our way northwards over time.  Do let me know when you're planning your next visit to Chesterfield and we can meet you at TriumphWorld - looking forward to it :O)

Carol