Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: USB Problem  (Read 3546 times)

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
  • Happy Happy Pillion Girl
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Black :O)
  • City / Town: Mercia Marina, Derby
USB Problem
« on: August 12, 2013, 08:59:09 PM »
Hi all

A question from my other half re the USB socket. ... can anybody tell us if the USB port requires any specific type of memory stick, as all the memory sticks he's tried are not even 'seen' by the bike - are we missing something obvious or could it be a fault?

Thanks for any pointers/help in advance.

Carol
Trophy SE 2015 in Sexy Phantom Black!

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: USB Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 09:30:14 PM »
There have been a few threads on USB memory sticks and problems people have had with looping and skipping.

Seems to be mainly down to the formatting of the files on the stick.

Personally I would advise a second hand iPod touch.. The Trophy is designed to work with iPods and you won't have any problems with it not seeing the music
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 10:25:38 PM »
What Cropbiker says is true, however I have a several language files I like to listen to while riding.  And I don't want those cluttering up my iphone/ipod.  So I use a USB stick.  The key is to format it in FAT before loading the files.  After that mine worked perfectly.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 07:08:07 AM »
I bought an iPod with a broken screen off eBay I then put a screen protector on to hold the glass together.  In the glove box I do not care about the glass.  It was the only way I could bring myself to buy apple!

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 11:45:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]
There have been a few threads on USB memory sticks and problems people have had with looping and skipping.

Seems to be mainly down to the formatting of the files on the stick.

Personally I would advise a second hand iPod touch.. The Trophy is designed to work with iPods and you won't have any problems with it not seeing the music

Aha .. I did a search and found the threads  :002: and indeed it looks like formatting is the key .. I shall pass on to Mr TB .. really want some music on our travels this weekend so hoping he'll get my tunes sorted!

Thanks very much.

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
What Cropbiker says is true, however I have a several language files I like to listen to while riding.  And I don't want those cluttering up my iphone/ipod.  So I use a USB stick.  The key is to format it in FAT before loading the files.  After that mine worked perfectly.

We're currently using the iPhone to play the music but the memory stick is a much better idea, I do have an ipod too but seems a shame not to get the stick working .. will see if Ian understands formatting it in FAT, I'm sure he will  :001:

Thanks for helping.

Carol

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 12:31:19 PM »
If you are already using your iPhone to play music I would stick with that! As I say, the bike is designed to use iPod/iPhone so you will get control of the music selections and playlists that way much better than just using a memory stick.

Having the iPhone plugged in will keep it charged for you as we'll as providing music. Also, once you get your headset/comms sorted you will be able to use the iPhone for incoming calls hands free!

:001: :001:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 12:40:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]
If you are already using your iPhone to play music I would stick with that! As I say, the bike is designed to use iPod/iPhone so you will get control of the music selections and playlists that way much better than just using a memory stick.

Having the iPhone plugged in will keep it charged for you as we'll as providing music. Also, once you get your headset/comms sorted you will be able to use the iPhone for incoming calls hands free!

:001: :001:

If Mr TB starts answering phone calls whilst we're out riding I'll flatten him lol  :745:

Carol

tweedy-bunch