Big Bend February 16th through 22nd 2020 by 2slowTrophy
[Today at 01:12:25 PM]

Slipping out of 2nd gear? by digital
[Today at 08:52:19 AM]

Mouse eat though autocom wires by Coconut
[Today at 08:28:00 AM]

Maintenance blues. by digital
[Today at 08:08:30 AM]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Broken jacket zipper slide solution  (Read 283 times)

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Broken jacket zipper slide solution
« on: February 05, 2020, 12:21:10 AM »
The zipper slide on the inside breast pocket on my Olympia Airglide jacket broke in half leaving me with just an open pocket, not disastrous since it's inside the jacket, but it's nice to be able to close it.  I searched and found zipper repair slides on the big "A", and after watching videos on a couple of different ones selected the FixnZip brand in a package of 3, 1 small, 1 medium, and 1 large, because I could see the use for one of these for something else in the future, and this is a sure way to positively never, ever need one of these again. :745:  It wasn't quite as easy to install as the video made it appear, but I got it installed and VOILA, zipper works like new.  If the need ever arises keep these in mind.

One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
Re: Broken jacket zipper slide solution
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 05:10:21 AM »
Kinda surprised that you had a problem with a zipper in an Olympia product.  I have both pants and a jacket from them, as does my wife.  Switched from TourMaster after having one or more zippers fail on at least three of their garments.  Olympia uses much more robust zippers, at least on what I own, and I wouldn't expect them to fail ever.
Still searching for a zipper emoticon...
STONEY

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Broken jacket zipper slide solution
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 03:47:02 PM »
In May this year my jacket and pants will be 10 years old, so that could have something to do with the metal fatigue. :745:  I can't complain about how it's held up.  It does have less than one year old Klim D30 shoulder and elbow armor and a new, soft and ventilated Knox back protector in it, and the pants have D30 armor as well, because the soft hip armor on one hip tore at the narrow spot.  That soft foam type stuff doesn't age well.  I tried on all the Gore-Tex gear I could afford and it was all extremely heavy, not well ventilated, and didn't fit correctly, so I just kept using my Airglide and bought some Klim Forecast Gore-Tex rain gear and now I'm set.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies