Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: What is the "Trick" to Using the Center Stand?  (Read 928 times)

LarryJa and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
Re: What is the "Trick" to Using the Center Stand?
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 02:41:07 AM »
I gave it a try and couldn't get it up on the center stand using that technique in the video.

Online digital

• Trophy Pro
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 05:44:36 AM »
Ernest T,
That part has a bad design and it costs a lot to climb the central stand.

The easel is narrow by the width of the motorcycle. You just have to look at the BMW RT and you can see perfectly that it is wider than that of the Trophy, the pointed edges end at the tip. They should be more rounded and the total measure of the easel I think is not correct.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2020, 08:19:57 AM »
I gave it a try and couldn't get it up on the center stand using that technique in the video.

I may be able to provide further Instruction and Live demonstrations in September !

Twsited Trophies Next Adventure September 2020.  :028:

Smiles are infectious,and they are FREE,
so if you see someone without one, give them one of yours :-)

Offline PhilInAthens

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Athens, GA
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2020, 01:48:54 AM »
So, back to the original concern - that being to put the bike on the center stand so you can more completely fuel the bike.  That is totally unnecessary. You will not get any meaningful increase of fuel in the bike on center stand than you would on side stand. Save your back. It isn't worth the effort.  :017:

Online digital

• Trophy Pro
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2020, 05:33:57 AM »
If it shows, more fuel comes in
This motorcycle never tires of filling the tank, it is entering and entering. If you put it upright, I do a lot more km and that to me is significant.

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2020, 08:51:41 AM »
I fill my bike sitting on the seat; I don't use the stand normally at filling stations.  I can reach across to insert my payment card, fill up, then drive off.  If I do need to get off the bike, I fill up whilst sitting there, then get off and use the side stand.
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Online digital

• Trophy Pro
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2020, 09:52:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by Novocastrian [+]
I fill my bike sitting on the seat; I don't use the stand normally at filling stations.  I can reach across to insert my payment card, fill up, then drive off.  If I do need to get off the bike, I fill up whilst sitting there, then get off and use the side stand.

Exactly, it's the same as me.

Effort = 0

Offline ZShyster

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Elmhurst, Illinois
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2020, 01:07:01 AM »
Ksquared,

If you have not owned the bike since new, you should examine the suspension links.  If the bike has been lowered, typically using Lust Racing Lowering Links or Soupy's adjustable lowering links.  Even if the bike is only lowered 3/4 inch (20mm) the bike is almost impossible to get on the center stand.  I am 66 and I use an American standard 1x4x7 which is actually a piece of wood 3/4 inch (20mm) x 3 1/2 inches (89mm) x 11 inches (280mm).  After parking on the side stand, I pull it out of the pannier, place it  in front of the rear tire and pull the bike onto it.  Once that is done, putting the bike onto the centerstand is easy (assuming you do not have the bike loaded with 220 lbs (100 Kilos) of gear.

(If the bike is lowered more than 3/4 inch, you will need a thicker board, however in this case you may also need a board to put under the side stand once as your roll up on the larger piece of wood, otherwise the sidestand which was probably shortened to accommodate the significantly lowered bike will be too short to safely hold the bike up on the larger board.)

It will be worth your effort to examine those links and determine if your bike is stock height or modified.

Ride safe.
ZShyster

tweedy-bunch