Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Smart Brake Module  (Read 4299 times)

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
Re: Smart Brake Module
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2020, 09:23:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by digital [+]
To configure the ST2 in flash mode, the ST2 must be installed with the forward arrow of the motorcycle and the fixed mode with the arrow towards the rear of the motorcycle.

Sorry, I didn't write this correctly, the arrow on the logo confused me.

The correct thing is this other:

To configure the ST2 in flash mode, the ST2 must be installed with the logo facing down and the fixed mode with the logo facing up.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline Merritt64

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Calgary
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2020, 10:03:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Maxime [+]
I totally agree with  Hackle.
It could be quite annoying at times.

I always want to be as noticeable as possible while riding.  Bottom line, if my brake lights are annoying you, then you notice my presence and I'm glad for that.  I plan to install the Skene P3's on my bike before spring.

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2020, 10:19:00 PM »
Merritt64, that sounds good.

:047: :047: :047:

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2020, 10:19:00 AM »
I've seen these discussed many times before on different groups. They are not a new product.  I have detected a different attitude to them between British and American riders.  I think I remember reading the rapid flashing type brake lights are not legal in Great Britain....just a thought, but it could lead to MOT failure and the justification for a "pull" from the Police.
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2020, 12:10:18 PM »
Illegal is everything that is installed on the motorcycle and does not leave the factory with it installed.

I am stubborn and until I try I will not stop.

Anyway, I am almost certain that this system is not achieved.

For what is said here and what I have read on the websites. I think it will turn on the lights when I change gear when I cut and open the gas, so it doesn't convince me, the thing would be good when the gearbox changes from one gear to another (only when the gear goes down) but not when cutting gas , if so. It may happen that the light also comes on when going up, because obviously, it cuts the gas to introduce another speed.

I don't know if I explain myself ???

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE - Black
  • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2020, 02:56:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by digital [+]
Illegal is everything that is installed on the motorcycle and does not leave the factory with it installed.

I am stubborn and until I try I will not stop.

Anyway, I am almost certain that this system is not achieved.

For what is said here and what I have read on the websites. I think it will turn on the lights when I change gear when I cut and open the gas, so it doesn't convince me, the thing would be good when the gearbox changes from one gear to another (only when the gear goes down) but not when cutting gas , if so. It may happen that the light also comes on when going up, because obviously, it cuts the gas to introduce another speed.

I don't know if I explain myself ???

I understand what you are saying, but if the system is working correctly, it measures the rate of deceleration in order to energize, and not acceleration. It has nothing to do with the throttle actuation itself. At least, that is the way that my “Billie” brake light works...

And to all those who are concerned about legality, as digital and others have stated, many of the accessories that we add to our motorcycles are probably, in a technical sense, “illegal”. In my personal experience here in The States, you are unlikely to get harassed by Law Enforcement unless the accessory is: a) obnoxious, b) unsafe, or c) because you have given the Officer another reason to detain you.

I can understand anyone who wants to keep their vehicle “strictly legal” in order to avoid any potential fines. I, on the other hand, don’t mind taking a (slight) chance on getting ticketed in exchange by the added visibility offered by my aftermarket LED Headlights, auxiliary Amber running lights, and auxiliary LED Tail / Brake lights.
This strategy seems to work for me. Doesn’t mean it has to work for you!  :745:
Probationary Twisted Trophies Member (Non-Texan)

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2020, 04:58:08 PM »
Saddle Tramp, totally agree with you, I am of the same opinion, I prefer to be fined for not having visibility to hurt me or harm others.

I also carry two LED bulbs that when I turn them on the road looks like it is daylight, it is a total safety, I have them connected with a switch via radio and connected to the long lights, that is, if I do not activate them from the switch, long lights go normal, but if I turn them on from the switch, when turning on the long ones, the two lights are activated.

Of course, I always turn them on with great caution and on secondary roads where I do not have vehicles in front or those who travel from the front.

I will tell you more, I have many police friends to whom I have installed powerful LED spotlights and they say the same as me. First is our safety ...

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2020, 09:04:19 PM »
On Fridays I usually leave work after noon.

So I prepared to install the system. Now we just have to try this system.

Surely tomorrow I will go with my wife to Barcelona to buy him another motorcycle jacket. Then I will take the opportunity to try it.

I will give my opinion on the operation.

I'm not sure if it satisfies me, due to stubbornness, I have to try.  :173: :173: :173:

tweedy-bunch