Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Audio Unit software versions - up to date?  (Read 855 times)

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Audio Unit software versions - up to date?
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2020, 01:08:06 PM »
Mikedk,

Thatís all very interesting - thanks for sharing the information  :028:

I think the confusion over which Market the Software Version 1.04E is for,
is that it was released specifically to address a ďbugĒ that only affected
the US and Canadian Market - fitted with the XM Radio.

I have seen the Instructions for installing the Software Update
and there is a comment about it applying to other Markets,
but it was poorly worded and unclear in that respect.

I will quote from it later when I return from work !

Meanwhile, if you could get something in writing from Radio Sound inc
granting permission to share the Update File, that may satisfy the Forum Admin
that there would be no Copyright breach, they might allow it to be shared,
perhaps via a Link within the Forum.

Cheers  :821:

Offline Mikedk

• Trophy Member
  • Trophy biker in Denmark, northern Europe
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Black Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: Copenhagen
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2020, 01:56:52 PM »
I don't think I'll get further messages from Radio Sound, the answer was mailed to me, but without a signature etc. (but has got a name from the email header) They basically told me to purchase a new radio from them in order to get the software and was not customer friendly at all - not like "happy to help" or similar more like "do not contact us again".

Nor where Triumph after sales any better, for that matter, even when I said I would like to pay for the update and have noticed that I'm not the only one experienced problems, at the local dealer, not able to provide me with an update.

Triumph also didn't answer my question regarding future updates, as bluetooth and usb devices is getting updated all the time. Yes, Triumph discontinued the Trophy but I would never had imagined that this also immediately applied to service and after market sales.

But like I said, I would be happy to help anyone in need of the update, like I also got help from another user on this forum, reading about my frustation in a previous thread - just send me a message.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2020, 06:35:15 PM »
ANY authorised Triumph Dealer that can access "TOL" ( the Dealership portal "Triumph On Line" )
CAN access the Software, download it, and apply it to a Trophy that needs it !  :169:

We even have a Topic on the Forum to "remind" dealers of where to find it,
for those that have "forgotten" or are reluctant to do so ! :

Where Triumph dealers can find audio software updates (U.S.)

I can't imagine there will be ANY further updates for the Trophy Audio system,
though devices produced in the future, that can be connected to the Trophy
Audio system either by USB or Bluetooth, may well be "backwards compatible".

As promised in my previous message,
the wording of the Instructions for updating the Software says :

Note:
Although there is different hardware for the radios fitted to
USA/Canada bikes (those with XM satellite radio) and other bikes,
the software file used to update the audio system is the same.

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2020, 07:08:14 PM »
I must first thank you for this information.

I had some problems with version 1.03A. Last year I asked the Barcelona dealer and they literally went deaf ...

Then I contacted Radio Sound twice and there was no way to get the update. As through Radio Sound, I did not receive the update, I contacted Triumph technical service in the UK directly and I must say that I was very dissatisfied with the response from Triumph technical service, or did not know or thought that in my age I fell from a tree.

As much as I insisted, there was no way, everything I said, they looked the other way. It is unfortunate that a large motorcycle of this type and the money it cost in its day, by the Triumph technical service, do not provide solutions ...

Overall, I had to get in touch with two forum mates and two very nice people from the United States, in less than 10 minutes they passed update 1.04E, which is said to be not compatible with Europe. Well since I put that update the issues with my stereo are over ...

To both companions I am very grateful.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline Mikedk

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2020, 06:37:45 AM »
And itís thanks to you guys on the forum that a lot issues are solved  :047:

I did read the thread before, regarding how the dealer could locate the firmware in the dealer system but the locale dealer said it isnít there and also turned the monitor around and showed me.. Thatís why I contacted Triumph HQ at first, but they just referred me to visit a local dealer, not answering if the issue is known to them, even though I mentioned the dealer couldnít locate the firmware.

I wrote back but didnít hear anything for a long time and suddenly got an answer from Triumph Scandinavia saying the Trophy was discontinued  :745:  Then I looked up the manufacturer of the audio system and tried my luck here, but no.

And youíve seen the answer above, that is legal to get the update from another owner and do the update yourself but they just didnít want to share the update with me neither did Triumph.

Weíre talking about an error here not fatal but still takes your concentration away from the road, when the audio goes on or off all the time or when youíre looking forward to go for a drive, just to discover that your battery is totally flat, so I did expect Triumph would help or at least listen, especially when the issue is known and could be fixed quite easily - even my mom could have completed the update  :008:

But like I said, if someone needs the update just send me a private message and Iíll be happy to help as I was helped by another user at this forum  :152:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 06:40:15 AM by Mikedk »

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2020, 07:10:08 AM »
Strongly agree with you Mikedk.

Such a simple operation that I never understood why it could not be found and put so many obstacles to find this update. Also, it is not a file that is used for anything other than a TTSE.

If you ask a dealer for the favor, it seems like you're overwhelming and entertaining them at their job by putting in a two-minute update that doesn't make a living. Another thing is that you ask them for a maintenance check of your motorcycle and then, if they listen to you because they are going to charge you about 300 euros, they are no longer deaf.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 07:11:42 AM by digital »
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Online jaapvanthoff

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE my2014
  • City / Town: Rotterdam
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 06:03:14 AM »
Gents, good day.
What are the possible hiccups of the system?
I read radio on/of. Is this related to the bluetooth problems? No signal?
If I do the upgrade may selves, is it difficult and what are the benefits?
TTSE bleu
Dneper MT 16
ex: BMW R1200RT :-))
Some Saabs, Daimler serie 3

Offline Mikedk

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2020, 06:24:49 AM »
Good morning  :001: no I didnít see anything about bluetooth changes in the release notes and for me, the ďon/offĒ issues was probably do to voltage problems caused by the audio system not shutting down properly after a ride.

Iíve gotten used to having bluetooth issues, right now Iím using N-COM B601 X for my X-Lite 1004X helmet and it works most of the time, but sometimes the mike audio isnít passing through but comes on after a reset. Even worse if 2 helmets are connected with intercom.

B601 X is Sena based but works better than the different Sena systems I tried at first.

Nolan/N-COM wanted to help but as you may read above, neither Triumph or Radio Sound where interested and simply stopped answering emails. I donít even mind spending my spare time testing for all of them.

Iíve heard that Cardo packtalk slim works better with the Radio Sound system but havenít tested that myself.

tweedy-bunch