Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Good Day eh!  (Read 487 times)

Offline Crank

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 TTSE
  • City / Town: London
Good Day eh!
« on: April 04, 2020, 05:27:54 PM »
Greetings from what we affectionately call the Great White North!    :046: 

I am a recent and proud owner of a 2016 TTSE residing in the London, Ontario, Canada area.  My previous ride was a 2006 Honda Goldwing which I loved dearly for almost 8 years, but recently decided to move to a more "manageable" ride as the Mrs has now restricted herself to local trips only.  Our last 24 day trip to the west coast and Rocky mountains (11,000 kms) had sadly taken its toll on her.

Like many back in the day, familial responsibilities had forced me to trade in my then 1978 Kawasaki KZ650 for a mini van!  A very conflicting time...  So, nearly 25 years later, it was just me and the Mrs under one roof.  Time to go shopping!  Before leaping into anything too big, I decided, wait, check that, my wife decided that I should perhaps look at something that would allow me to clear the riding cobwebs and build up my riding skills again.  What would I do without her!  So, a half season on a Suzuki Boulevard to get my feet wet, and then onto the Goldwing!   

Now that I have completed the turn and heading north of 60, I welcome the lighter and more agile qualities of the Trophy!  I'd be lying in saying that I had no hesitations or reservations in purchasing a Triumph Trophy, as the top competitors offered compelling options.  Ultimately, I felt that the Trophy offered more, for less.  In addition, I made the purchase without having had the reasonable option of riding one beforehand, given there were not many around.  I located one about 7 hours away.  After a thousand questions and multiple requested videos, we completed the sale and the bike was shipped to my door!  Nervously, I opened the "BMW" shipping container (yes I smirked a little), and, as excited as a 5 year old at Christmas, I blindly and quickly tore off the "wrapping" allowing me to finally have that moment of first contact!  Ah, those moments don't often come around anymore! LOL.  Did I mention that I swear it still had that "new car smell? !!
I have to say that everything else aside, I truly love the looks of my captivating beautiful blue Trophy, more so than any of the other bikes I had considered.

I had been spending countless hours planning my first trip with the Trophy to the Grand Canyon.  Sadly, it would appear that COVID-19 has delayed that, and I now eagerly wait, in isolation....
So, that aside, I raise my virtual glass, and with a brimming smile as wide as my new (previously owned) trusty steed, I give a big friendly shout out to you all.  Cheers!  :821:  :046:  :152:  :047:

Online jaapvanthoff

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE my2014
  • City / Town: Rotterdam
Re: Good Day eh!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 05:54:29 PM »
Hallo Crank,
a blue one. That is the fastest model.
The nicest model. Well done!
TTSE bleu
Dneper MT 16
ex: BMW R1200RT :-))
Some Saabs, Daimler serie 3

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 07:01:52 PM »
 :400: to the forum.

The Colorado canyon will wait, since it will not move from place, you like the others, we will wait for this storm to pass to travel again.  :821: :821: :821:
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 07:06:09 PM »
Hi Crank and :400: to the Club !

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 07:25:22 PM »
 :400: to the forum.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Maxime

• Trophy Member
  • trophy 1200se
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph trophy1200se
  • City / Town: Oostende
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 07:33:13 PM »
 :401: to the forum Crank  :158:

Greetings

Offline Wilko

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
  • City / Town: Rowley Regis
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 07:48:50 PM »
Hello Crank,  :400:
Paul Wilko

Offline bobv07662

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Rochelle Park, NJ
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 10:18:45 PM »
Welcome aboard! :400: Your trip to the canyon will wait,  and like fine wine, will only get better with time.
1978 Bonneville    1973 Trophy Trail TR5T
2012 Thruxton      1976 Hodaka ED250
2014 Trophy SE    1950 Vincent Rapide
1976 Yamaha RD400C
1978 Yamaha DT400E