Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Show us your Cleaning Products  (Read 2203 times)

• Offline Wilko   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    622
    • Topic Author

Offline Wilko

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
    • City / Town: Rowley Regis
    Show us your Cleaning Products
    on: Apr 19, 2020, 08.06 pm
    Apr 19, 2020, 08.06 pm
    Evening all, well today, I decided to clean the already clean bike, because I could  :008:
    I use Auto Glym now to clean the bike, I did use other products, my mate does detailing for a living, he gave me some of his products to use, but I have now run out, so as I say, use Auto Glym, and it what it say's on the tin.
    I never used a clay bar before until just before the winter set in here in the UK, but wow, the paintwork is silky smooth now, and after the deep polish, you can see your face in the paintwork...it was all polished by hand.

After I did this, I decided that the faring bolts was looking tarnished, and letting the appearance of the bike down, so I  removed all the bolts from the plastic, put them in my drill, with a bolt in the chuck, some fine wet and dry sand paper, and Autosol metal polish, I bought the shine back onto the bolt head, the bike now looks "almost" like new...for the time being at least.

Last Edit: Apr 19, 2020, 08.08 pm by Wilko
    Paul Wilko

• Offline Tenequip   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    156

Offline Tenequip

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE Blue
    • City / Town: Ford City, PA.
    Re: Show us your Cleaning Products
    Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2020, 02.03 am
    Apr 20, 2020, 02.03 am
    I use Simple Green, when the bike is filthy. Mix it 10 water to 1 S.G. and squirt it on bike and wait for 15 minutes. Then, rinse it off, with a pressure washer on “gentle”. It is an industrial cleaner and works great. I realize a lot of the forum fellows don’t like pressure washers, but a water hose would probably work too.

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10194

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2020, 09.38 am
    Apr 20, 2020, 09.38 am
    I also use Auto Glym Super Resin Polish for the painted panels.

For the rest I use this :

It's a UK product, made by real people, using environmentally products
    that are not harsh and acidic like some other Motorcycle cleaning products.

Simply hose / rinse your bike down, to remove the worst of any loose dirt and dust,
    taking the usual precautions about where you squirt the water !

Spray on "Shiny Sauce" and brush it in with a soft brush -
    I use an old nylon bristled dustpan brush,
    leave it for a few minutes, then rinse off. 
    Repeat in any really badly soiled areas,
    rinse off and dry as you would normally.

I find that it does a really good job and doesn't leave any residual "tarnish".

• Offline GarminDave   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    1349

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Shields
    Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2020, 04.59 pm
    Apr 21, 2020, 04.59 pm
    I also use AutoGlym, which I like and although it is expensive it does do as it says, I have all their products mainly used on my car.

For washing the bike I use G101 diluted and applied with a pump-up garden weed type sprayer, then rinse off.

Although I like Auto Glym I have taken to polishing my bike with Simoniz Carnauba Wax and had great results with this.  Having a black bike I found white residue with the AutoGlym polish, which I don't get with the Simoniz product. Image attached (probably!).

I must admit to using a jet was as my bike often gets extremely dirty when riding small roads in the wet, I am cautious with it, especially near wheel bearings, but I maintain the bike regularly and lubricate often as I get a couple of services in each year, do just under 20,000 miles per year. 

I even like the Auto Glym stiff brush. Image attached (I'm on a roll!)
    Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

• Offline Canes1   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    640

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2017 Phantom Black
    • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
    Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2020, 05.45 pm
    Apr 21, 2020, 05.45 pm
    Just purchased F11 Topcoat and going to try after reinstalling body work next month. It's a detailing/sealant type of wax.
    Will also be using Sonax wheel cleaner plus on wheels. Have been using this stuff for a couple of years on my truck wheels and it's amazing....dirt/brake dust rinses right off, after letting the cleaner stand a few minutes!

• Offline Jeffb   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    259

Offline Jeffb

• Trophy Pro
    • City / Town: Columbus OH
    Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2020, 06.09 am
    Apr 22, 2020, 06.09 am
    I've been a detailing hobbyist for a long time and am always playing with new products. Most good detailing info comes from detailing forums, but it's almost exclusively auto oriented. Our paintwork is on plastic, not metal like cars. I also notice our paint scratches and mars MUCH easier than cars, which makes me think our paint is softer than a cars', or maybe it's because the paint is on plastic instead of metal.   Anyway, I'm wondering if anybody is familiar with anything for plastic designed to minimize scratching?    Auto waxes and sealants advertize they "protect", but mostly what they mean is they protect from harmful UV, or bird poop acid, or brake dust, or water spot etching, etc. Any scratch protection provided by these products are minimal to non-existent.

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10194

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2020, 08.49 am
    Apr 22, 2020, 08.49 am
    I doubt you would find any washing / cleaning products that provide scratch protection.

I know there are treatments that can be applied that claim to do this.

Alternatives are clear scratch protection films, cut to fit the specific panels of the bike.