Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Rear Shock repair/refurb  (Read 8170 times)

Offline Mikestrophy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Re: Rear Shock repair/refurb
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2021, 06:29:47 am »
Hi bjtourer. I'm curious as to how your rear shock refurb' went ? I'm on the same shock at 70000 kms but might need mine refurbished/replaced . Regards.

Offline bjtourer

• Trophy Member
  • Sooo, what is around the next corner?
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bendigo
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2021, 09:03:26 am »
Good question.  I wasn't sure for a bit as it was like when I used to fly single engine planes over the Bass Strait - the engine would 'seem' to run rough once clear of the coast!  I've checked it thoroughly and there is no sign of leakage and when I don't think about it, it's fine.  The actual handling, which I guess makes a good acid test, is as good as I remember.

I can't tell you who did it as it was done through our local 'TCF Motorcycles' (for a lot cheaper than it would have been through Peter Stevens and Troy, the owner of TCF looks to find ways to keep MY costs down and end up with a better job).  Troy can be called during normal hours on 5441 8177.  The only hassle I had is it took about a week for them to take it out, send it down, get it back, refit it and test it.  It took 6 weeks for whoever did the refurbishment to take it off the shelf and I doubt he would have done it then if I hadn't nudged TCF a bit.

Hope that's helpful.

Offline Mikestrophy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2021, 09:03:42 pm »
Hi again. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Do you recall what the whole job cost you ? In your earlier post you said you had been quoted around $2500 ??? And your bike rides better ie smoother over the bumps ??

Offline bjtourer

• Trophy Member
  • Sooo, what is around the next corner?
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bendigo
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2021, 08:53:43 am »
Hi.  I was actually quoted over $5,000AUD for a new shocker.  The recondition with removal, shipping, and return cost $560AUD.  Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Online HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2021, 10:01:06 am »
Thanks for the info on TCF Motorcycles. Filed in my very old memory bank. Cheers.  :028:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline Mikestrophy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2021, 08:10:23 pm »
Hi. That's about what I've been quoted by Melbourne Motorcycle Fairings so at least similar in price. Thanks again for the info.

Offline STJIM

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE ( Blue )
  • City / Town: West Michigan
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2021, 02:22:52 pm »
*Originally Posted by LarryJa [+]
Over here, in the USA, EPM Performance Imports(732 786-9777) will rebuild the rear esa shock on our SE's.
SNIP ......
So, there is a very reputable service available for suspension upgrade parts & services here in the US.

Here is the link to the EPM website :  https://epmperf.com/motorcycle-shock-rebuild-service/
IBA #35372
BBG  5-2014
SS3K 9-2020
2015 TTSE , 2008 Concours C-14
1998 ST1100

Offline Mikestrophy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2021, 08:09:56 am »
Well I got my bike back today. The rear shock WAS weeping fluid so getting it serviced ie new fluid and a thorough check-up was worth it. Bike rides much better and PIAM is VERY happy. Cost was around $500. Melbourne Motorcycle Fairings always do good work.