Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Which battery?  (Read 1121 times)

Offline tdragger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
Re: Which battery?
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2020, 03:59:16 PM »
I pulled the trigger on a lithium battery from Revzilla.  https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/fire-power-featherweight-lithium-battery-hjtx20hq-fp

Only $170 which is so much cheaper than most.

The thing feels like a feather.  It's so light.

I really like the multiple terminals on it since I have quite a few farkles on the bike.  The OEM cables go on one set of terminals and all my accessories can go on the other.
-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #609 (formerly 42146)

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
  • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2020, 08:13:59 PM »
@Tdragger Darn, that is too good a deal to pass up. I have ordered one as well. I hate that the bike will be down that long waiting for it to arrive, but it's not like I don't have a bike to ride while I wait.  In fact, I have been thoroughly enjoying myself on this GSX. God this bike is FAST!  :156: 
"The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2020, 12:53:42 AM »
I would imagine that those members that are having battery problems have not got them [batteries that is] attached to a battery tender when not being ridden. After 4 years and over 75 thousand kilometres I have never had a problem with the original battery. But then again it's always attached to the battery tender when the bikes not being ridden. Cheers.  :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline RocketSteve

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE & Boss Hoss
  • City / Town: Bideford
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2020, 07:55:41 AM »
Have to agree with you there Hackle, I have a 2014 with 12,000 miles and still on the original battery.
All my bikes remain on Optimate whenever not being ridden.
To test a man's character, give him (horse) power.

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
  • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2020, 03:55:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by HACKLE [+]
I would imagine that those members that are having battery problems have not got them [batteries that is] attached to a battery tender when not being ridden. After 4 years and over 75 thousand kilometres I have never had a problem with the original battery. But then again it's always attached to the battery tender when the bikes not being ridden. Cheers.  :821: :158:

In my case that is not the case. I take full responsibility for killing mine. The dreaded Park position got me!  :138:
"The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

Offline tdragger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2020, 04:19:02 PM »
My replacement is entire preventative.  It's a 5+ year old battery that was always kept on a tender when not being used. 

I learned last year that preventative maintenance is essential prior to big events.  The week after completing the Iron Butt Rally, my front wheel bearings failed.  It would have been catastrophic to my event if it had happened the week before.  I'm replacing the battery now so that it isn't a possible fail point next year.
-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #609 (formerly 42146)

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Dallas TX
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2020, 12:13:32 AM »
You have to use a special battery tender for the lithium batteries.
In cold weather you have to turn the key on to warm the battery up before it’s at full potential to start.
IBA # 59602
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

Offline Merritt64

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Calgary
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2020, 04:32:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by 2slowTrophy [+]
You have to use a special battery tender for the lithium batteries.
In cold weather you have to turn the key on to warm the battery up before it’s at full potential to start.

+1

tweedy-bunch