Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Which battery?  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Phantom Black
  • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
Re: Which battery?
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2020, 05:02:00 PM »
Found the same battery tdragger mentioned in post #16 at Amazon for $140! :169: and jumped on it!
Think there were 5 left!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07281C1HZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_DtG.Eb1WH9TCH
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 05:04:26 PM by Canes1 »

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
  • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2020, 03:56:32 PM »
Hey Guys! Well, the battery adventure has come to a successful end!

I did end up going for the Fire-power battery, which took a few days to get here. Then I realized that I didn't have a means to charge the darned thing! I was able to find a charger locally at a Cycle Gear store, so I was able to get the battery charged. Then I got into an intense project at work that kept me from getting the new battery installed. Finally this last Saturday I didn't have work, so I tackled the job.

In a past life I wrenched cars pretty frequently, but for some reason I don't have the same confidence when it comes to working on bikes. Not sure why that is, but I prefer to have the pros work on my babies. Having said that, this turned out to be a very simple procedure. This new battery is amazing. It weighs nothing - I mean nothing!  :001:  And the bike appears to be running better than ever. Lights are little brighter, She fires right up now, everything just seems better. The bike literally handles much better as well.  I'm very pleased!   More than anything I am just glad to have my Trophy back on the road. Thank you, @tdragger.   :152: 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 03:58:05 PM by Ghostrider25 »
"The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2020, 06:19:11 PM »
Good to hear! Bought the same battery, installing later this week. Weird that you had to charge before using, most reviews I read said battery came, pretty much, fully charged and according to the little button you can press on top of battery, mines showing a full charge.( Not sure how accurate it is).
And yes, amazed at size and weight! Panning on putting second piaa horn in that area. :028:

Oh, and between the aftermarket exhaust and lithium battery, dropped about 25lbs. off of bike! :156:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 06:21:49 PM by Canes1 »

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
  • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2020, 08:58:24 PM »
Excellent, Canes1! 25 pounds doesn't sound like an incredible amount, but it actually is. Especially for this bike, and even more so when you consider that it is up high like that. The Trophy tends to be a tad top-heavy anyway, so anything we an do to get that CG down the better off we will be. I have always been amazed at how well my Victory Vision hides her weight. At 405 Kg, this is a very heavy girl! But you would never really know it once you get moving. I'm not sure I would notice 25 pounds off of that bike! But you do notice it on the Trophy.
"The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2020, 11:45:40 PM »
Yep, any weight removed, especially top side, is a plus in my book.
Went for a short ride today and still surprised how nimble the Trophy seems once you get rolling! :028:

Waiting on the switchback lights to arrive and will install them, lithium battery and piaa horns!

tweedy-bunch