Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hello from Switzerland  (Read 4052 times)

Offline mototux

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
Hello from Switzerland
« on: August 18, 2013, 06:53:19 pm »
Hi all,

"Accidentally" came accross this forum while looking for a clue how to pair my intercom and my iphone to my trophy correctly. I'm usually not so much into joining a forum easily, but the tone and friendly help from the people here convinced me to make an exception  :152:

I've been riding a BMW 1200GT (2006 modell) for many years and I really thought that this was, what biking was all about. Boy was I wrong. The GT is an excellent bike, mind you, but after having had a test ride on the new Trophy SE at my local Triumph dealer - I was hooked  :046: Now I know what I was missing, if you know what I mean! While slightly heavier, the Trophy instantly felt like a natural extension of myself. Everything felt smother and better: the riding experience, the protection from the elements, the sound of the brilliant engine (yes, I know this is very subjective), the standard equipment and the list could go on. I realize that any BMW-fan will tend to disagree and I don't want, by any means, start a flame-war on which bike is the best. I'm a firm believer that everyone should listen to his heart and ride the bike of his dreams. To me, the Trophy is suiting me perfectly. The streets are not (yet) overcrowded with Trophy's (but the trend is moving upwards) and every time I'm talking to fellow bikers I realize the genuine interest in Triumph's latest touring bike. Best of all, my wife is happy on the backseat as well, so that was a big thumbs up as well  :028:

So after all these positives, I just had to have it  :008:  Sold my BMW and ordered a brandnew, lunar-silver Trophy SE with the higher windshield, topcase and backrest shortly before my vacation. And now, I'm taking care of breaking it in  :062:  And even if you don't see my face, should we ever cross our ways on the road, you can be sure that my smile is going from one ear to the other every time I move my right wrist on the handle  :001:

Wishing all of you "Triumph-ators" a great remainder of the 2013 biking-season. Greetings from Switzerland,

mototux
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kent
Re: Hello from Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 07:12:43 pm »
A big welcome to you Mototux, good choice of bike including the extras and the correct colour. I agree it is such an easy natural bike to ride, have fun

Roger

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 07:22:34 pm »
Hi Motoguzzi and welcome to the forum!

You are so right about what a great bike the Trophy is. It has everything thing going for it. Equipment, handling, looks!

But you are right, it is not for everyone.... After all.... Some people have no taste!

:745: :745:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Bajagrngo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE launch.
  • City / Town: Las Vegas
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 08:15:29 pm »
 :401:got the color right!
Tom Brennan

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 11:44:31 pm »
Welcome to the Forum  :400:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisbech, Cambs
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 08:06:58 am »
Welcome aboard matey  :401:

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 08:10:45 am »
Hi there and  :400: to the Club !

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 09:20:56 am »
Hi there. You are right about the passengers. They love the comfort of the Trophy. Enjoy.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison