Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Another 100 mile ride after work - Check out those windmills!  (Read 365 times)

Offline iowabikerider

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Urbandale, Iowa
Re: Another 100 mile ride after work - Check out those windmills!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 01:16:01 AM »
You'd be right about the typical middle of the tire wear syndrome you get riding all these long straight roads

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 11:49:13 AM »
Well as I said I'd tell you about my next ride. Well today with 2 long distance [FarRiders/ IBA members] I led them on a "short" ride. For me the total was 751 kilometres, for them about 160 k's less. I left home at 6.30 am. and arrived home 5.30 pm. With stops for morning coffee, lunch and another coffee at Derek's home just of the Monash Fwy. on Burke Rd.
   We headed west towards Ballarat but stayed to the south of the Western Hwy. on secondary roads. Though it was damp there was little traffic.
    Turning off the Western Hwy. at Rockbank we passed through Rowsley, Mt. Egerton, Buninyong, Scarsdale, then turned north at Skipton. Crossing the Western Hwy. at Beaufort then onto Lexton before stopping for fuel at Avoca.
    With two sides of the square covered we then turned east to Maryborough for lunch. No pub lunch their still closed because of the virus. It was salad rolls from the bakery. Leaving Maryborough to the south our next turn would be east again at Creswick.
    Daylsford, Trentham passed behind us before we entered the Calder Fwy. at Woodend for the S/E run to Melbourne. Leaving Derek's home with enough time to fuel up before getting home in time for roast beef dinner at 6 pm. [yes I know that's to early for you Digital].
     A great day out with showers to start on the western part. Dry roads on the northern, eastern and southern roads before finishing the same as we started, showers. At least the rain stopped well before I got home, dry riding gear bonus.
     Just a nice day out to start getting the body back into a sort of ride fit. Cheers.  :821: :158:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 11:55:20 AM by HACKLE »
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 12:43:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by HACKLE [+]
Well as I said I'd tell you about my next ride. Well today with 2 long distance [FarRiders/ IBA members] I led them on a "short" ride. For me the total was 751 kilometres, for them about 160 k's less. I left home at 6.30 am. and arrived home 5.30 pm. With stops for morning coffee, lunch and another coffee at Derek's home just of the Monash Fwy. on Burke Rd.
   We headed west towards Ballarat but stayed to the south of the Western Hwy. on secondary roads. Though it was damp there was little traffic.
    Turning off the Western Hwy. at Rockbank we passed through Rowsley, Mt. Egerton, Buninyong, Scarsdale, then turned north at Skipton. Crossing the Western Hwy. at Beaufort then onto Lexton before stopping for fuel at Avoca.
    With two sides of the square covered we then turned east to Maryborough for lunch. No pub lunch their still closed because of the virus. It was salad rolls from the bakery. Leaving Maryborough to the south our next turn would be east again at Creswick.
    Daylsford, Trentham passed behind us before we entered the Calder Fwy. at Woodend for the S/E run to Melbourne. Leaving Derek's home with enough time to fuel up before getting home in time for roast beef dinner at 6 pm. [yes I know that's to early for you Digital].
     A great day out with showers to start on the western part. Dry roads on the northern, eastern and southern roads before finishing the same as we started, showers. At least the rain stopped well before I got home, dry riding gear bonus.
     Just a nice day out to start getting the body back into a sort of ride fit. Cheers.  :821: :158:

I'm very happy and it's very good.

To be honest, there is no video or photo of that fantastic trip.

:008: :821:
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 02:35:01 AM »
Sorry digital for the lack of a video. Firstly as stated elsewhere, I don't have a GoPro, and if I did I don't know how to put photos/videos on the forum. Sorry I'm just a "silly old motorcyclist" that enjoys riding my Trophy.  :028: :028:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 09:20:50 AM »
More than anything it is because I enjoy seeing landscapes from other countries that I have never been to and I don't think I can anymore.

Thank you
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.