Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Pillion heated seat switch & wiring harness.  (Read 175 times)

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue TT & Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
Pillion heated seat switch & wiring harness.
« on: May 20, 2020, 11:25:47 PM »
As per title, one heated seat switch and pillion heated seat wiring loom if someone has one please  :028:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 08:18:17 AM by RedMerle »
Tiger 1200:
7 years riding the Trophy's disreputable hooligan little brother! And now, after all this time on here with a Tigger, I've finally bought a 10,700 mile old, Pacific Blue, 2015 TT and I'm keeping both of them!

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Pillion heated seat switch & wiring harness.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 12:31:49 PM »
The Sub Harness for the Heated Pillion Seat is Triumph Part Number T2505165. 
Retail Price is around £24.00

The Switch is Triumph Part Number T2505150, listed rather expensively at around £61.00 !

Either can be purchased from any authorised Triumph Dealer.

There's a "Pre-Owned" ( Used ) Switch on eBay right now for £24.00,
including delivery and 6 months warranty :

Triumph Tiger 1200XRT 2018 32,975 miles heated seat switch (3828)

Cheers  :821:

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 02:35:33 PM »
As ever, super helpful Mr Coconut  :152:

Youíve probably seen that the front and rear seats are on their way from North Carolina, via Florida, though they are missing the sub looms and the switches.

I bought a NOS spare heated seat for the Tiger 1200 a few days ago and to my amazement, it came with a sub loom and a switch. I spoke to my local dealerís parts dept this morning and they said the the switch and sub loom arenít compatible with the Trophy and that Iíd need to buy again. Iíve purchased the two sub looms, for about £39 all in, but the juryís out on buying the extra switches as well. I was tempted to buy one and see if I can reuse the new Tiger one on the second seat. It would be cheaper to buy the used Tiger one though, but do you have any experience on cross compatibility? Is by dealer talking out of his nether regions?!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 02:39:26 PM by RedMerle »
Tiger 1200:
7 years riding the Trophy's disreputable hooligan little brother! And now, after all this time on here with a Tigger, I've finally bought a 10,700 mile old, Pacific Blue, 2015 TT and I'm keeping both of them!

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 02:56:43 PM »
Iíve sent a message to the breakers to see if they know if itís cross compatible.
Tiger 1200:

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 03:00:05 PM »
The "World of Triumph" Web site is quite useful for comparisons :

Triumph Trophy Heated Pillion Switch - Item 4 : Part Number T2505150

Triumph Tiger Explorer XC ( Up to VIN 74026 ) - Item 5 : Part Number T2505150

"Bike Bandit" ( US Triumph Parts web site ) also has a useful feature
where it will list the Triumph Models that a particular part will fit,
ans shows the Trophy Heated Seat Switch to be used on different Models :

Bike Bandit : Part Number T2505150

The Heated Rear Sub Harness ( T2505165 ) is only listed for the Trophy though,
so I wouldn't expect the Harness from another Model to fit, or to work,
and I wouldn't recommend tryng it, even if it did physcically fit without being able
to confirm that the electricla connectiosn are correct and won't fry anything !

Cheers  :821:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 03:06:26 PM by Coconut »

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 03:54:33 PM »
Thatís really helpful stuff. So, it would all appear to be the same part and I might even have one new switch here. All ready to go! Iím just about to go and have a look at these on the Tigger and see if they are identical.

I wish Iíd snapped up that top box and case that you gave me the link to a couple of weeks ago, but I hadnít settled on the bike at the time.

Any suggestions on which is the best radiator guard?
Tiger 1200:

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 08:16:18 AM »
Iíve now got the extra wiring looms from the dealer, a spare new switch I have for the Tiger will now be put to use and the second switch has now been ordered up from the breakers  :028:

It turns out that the spare loom that I have for the Tigerís front seat would have worked just fine - the Tigerís loom is just the same, itís just that the cable for the switch is longer and it would have just needed to be zip tied back on itself - helpful tip for anyone in the future (especially as I now appear to have a spare loom!).
Tiger 1200:

tweedy-bunch