Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Max Speed Setting of Cruise Control  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Duc OT

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ducati ST3S
  • City / Town: Albakerkey
Max Speed Setting of Cruise Control
« on: December 19, 2012, 01:13:37 PM »
Greetings.

I have seen some discussion on the FJR forum concerning cruise control.  Specifically, you can only engage the cruise at 80 mph and below on the 2013 model.

Does the Trophy have to put up with this nonsense?

Offline Trom100

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Weston
Re: Max Speed Setting of Cruise Control
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 10:27:48 PM »
I can assure you not so for the Trophy. I haven't found an upper limit.

Offline gogs01

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200RT SE
  • City / Town: Dundee
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 11:16:21 AM »
I've read the discussions on the FJR forum too. 
When I've used the cruise control on my R1200RT I haven't been aware of any limit, but I'm pretty sure it must be higher than 80 if there is one.

I've a feeling that the limit only applies to the American market (can't see German owners being happy at being limited to 80 on the autobahn)

Offline ThickBrit

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2 x TT, now an SE
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 12:20:21 AM »
The cruise control on mine works when in 4th gear or higher, and according to the manual will work between 30 and 100 mph.
I haven't used it for more than a few miles as yet since the Triumph running in advice is don't ride at a constant speeds for long periods. Plus I use A roads whenever possible....
DVSA registered post-test motorcycle trainer.

Offline gogs01

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200RT SE
  • City / Town: Dundee
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 04:28:43 AM »
I wouldn't want to use cruise control while running in either - lots of throttle movement to get things bedded in.

Cruise is a great feature when on a motorway or quiet dual carriageway - I used to end long days in the saddle with a pain around my right shoulder blade, and I put it down to having to hold a steady throttle for long periods.  The cruise allows the right arm & hand to be relaxed for a few seconds every once in a while to keep the blood flowing etc.  Also useful in road works controlled by average speed cameras (if the cars will keep out of the way)