Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Canít get Blu to start!  (Read 258 times)

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Canít get Blu to start!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 09:27:50 PM »
Youíd know if you had the Alarm
because you would have a separate Fob for it.

The only other things I can think of are a broken wire
at the Ignition switch from the Sensor for the Immobiliser,
or a faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor.

Offline RedMerle

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue TT & Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 09:49:12 PM »
I had a very similar issue after storing a 1200 Daytona for 3 years. The petrol set to varnish and gunk and had to be ultrasonically cleaned from the carbs. Itís the ethanol thatís added to the petrol here that does it. Is the same thing done in the States?
Tiger 1200:
7 years riding the Trophy's disreputable hooligan little brother! And now, after all this time on here with a Tigger, I've finally bought a 10,700 mile old, Pacific Blue, 2015 TT and I'm keeping both of them!

Offline railtrumpet

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Carmichael, CA
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 10:11:48 PM »
Thanks Coconut. I'll research the CPS and check those out.

Offline railtrumpet

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Carmichael, CA
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 10:21:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by RedMerle [+]
I had a very similar issue after storing a 1200 Daytona for 3 years. The petrol set to varnish and gunk and had to be ultrasonically cleaned from the carbs. It's the ethanol that's added to the petrol here that does it. Is the same thing done in the States?

I feel you Red. I'm restoring an Ď82 Suzuki GS850 that's been sitting since 1994.  A full tank of gas had turned to jello. It took me 3 months of shaking, turning, and rattling  nuts, bolts, and vinegar to get it all cleaned out. The varnished carbs were the easy part.  And yes, Ethanol is despised here as well.

I don't think that's the issue here though. My FI Kawi 650 started without hesitation after sitting just as long.

I'll continue my investigation and post the results.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:03:22 PM by railtrumpet »

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 10:28:35 PM »
If it were an immobilizer cable failure, it would not give the starter motor movement, the first thing it says at the beginning of the post is that the starter motor does rotate.

It makes more sense what you are saying, if the motorcycle was stopped for 3 years and despite having added a few liters of gasoline, the circuits and injectors have become clogged and stained with gasoline in poor condition, or with water particles produced by the years locked in a tank without moving.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

tweedy-bunch