Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Don't see many on the road.  (Read 339 times)

Offline kieron

• Trophy Member
  • kieron
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Staffs
Don't see many on the road.
« on: May 23, 2020, 12:28:14 PM »
I do a fair bit of driving for business. Not sure if its just me but I love to keep my eye out for nice looking bikes. I had to drive from the Midlands down to Dorset and back this week and I saw two Trophy's on the opposite side of the M5 on my way down, both with two up. I suppose we are all biased with our bikes but the Trophy has a unique and beautiful road presence, you cant help but smile and think, I've got one of those at home.
 Does anyone agree with this, if you see a BMW you have to look twice to see if it is a BMW or a Trophy, if you see a Trophy you know straight away.
 Keep safe and happy riding.
kieron

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
Re: Don't see many on the road.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 12:47:24 PM »
To tell the truth, the two bikes are very similar and if they are somewhat far away I must look well to differentiate the Trophy from a BMW RT.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Online GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 03:25:35 PM »
I too find it tough to differentiate a TTSE and an RT when viewed on the road, even up close they look so similar.
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline jaapvanthoff

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE my2014
  • City / Town: Rotterdam
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 04:06:34 PM »
BMW=copy cat...
TTSE bleu
Dneper MT 16
ex: BMW R1200RT :-))
Some Saabs, Daimler serie 3

Offline Merlot

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Southampton
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 06:39:14 PM »
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :008:

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue TT & Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 07:39:47 PM »
Funnily enough, when I went to the launch of the Trophy at Bridge, in Exeter, in 2013, I looked at a used (2011 ish RT) in their showroom and then went back to the Trophy.

They had a lot in common, but the RT looked like the economy Chinese copy of the original.
Tiger 1200:
7 years riding the Trophy's disreputable hooligan little brother! And now, after all this time on here with a Tigger, I've finally bought a 10,700 mile old, Pacific Blue, 2015 TT and I'm keeping both of them!

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 08:39:10 PM »
Hahaha.

The first time I saw a trophy, it was at an exhibition of motorcycles of all kinds.

Despite being 1.63 meters tall and weighing 65 kilos. Always as a child, the big bikes have caught my attention.

But the time never came, as he was not prepared to ride big, powerful bikes.

Time passed and when my two children grew up and I saw my wife convinced, I opted for the BMW RT.
If I did not decide to take the step through the RT, it was because of the Boxer type cylinders.

Then, at the motorcycle fair, I saw the Rt lying like an exhibition on the ground. Why was she lying on the floor?

Well, because he had kind of defenses to show that if he falls to the ground, he can get up.

I didn't think twice, so I grabbed the Rt bike with it and lifted it off the ground.

That made me value the Rt a little more and forget about the Boxer type cylinders.

Later we continued to look at the motorcycles in the exhibition, but my view behind, continued to look at Rt.

We arrived at the Triumph exhibition and I see the Trophy, at first glance, I thought it was another Rt, but without the Boxer cylinders.

As we get closer to the Triumph booth, I see that it was not an Rt. That it was an Rt replica or Trophy to Rt replica.

So I got on the Trophy that had an exhibition and discovered that it obviously did not reach the ground.

But I did not care about that, the only thing I remember is that from that day on, I hardly slept thinking about the Trophy. and that I am little sleepy.

In fact, this motorcycle does not know what it has. There are people who have had many problems and do not abandon the bike.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline kieron

• Trophy Member
  • kieron
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Staffs
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 09:52:51 PM »
You have been out for a long ride and nearly back home, your back has started to ache, your bums numb and your legs need stretching. When you still take the long way around you know you have had a good ride and your enjoying your bike.
 Thanks for the reply and comments.
kieron