Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: More electrical weirdness  (Read 3871 times)

Offline Trumpet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
More electrical weirdness
« on: August 21, 2013, 07:30:14 AM »
I reset the suspension twice testing for different setting...about three times.
Last time I set it to COMFORT/TWO HELMETS. Now when I go to the main display it only shows comfort/one luggage, which is the setting I had it before.

In another words, the setting I actually selected is not showing in the main display panel

A while back my shield stop going back to the setting I had it...it stayed down, but later fixed itself and its now working well.

I got to think, Triumph should fire all their programer and re-stock that personnel cause this bike had given more people electronic problems than any other I ever remember...
If I had money I wouldn't be on this board now
I wanna be Hefner's roommate
I trade ignorance and youth for old age anytime

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: More electrical weirdness
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 11:12:42 AM »
Lets hope the programmers get it right eventually. Having had my screen assembly replaced in an effort to remove the problem of 'trapping' , the only other thing it could  be is the software (the screen is a lot bewtter now but still has its moments).
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 11:46:15 AM »
If you made the adjustment to the MODE/LOAD and did not start the engine before turning the key off, the requested savings will be lost, and previous settings be used.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 04:55:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by nert [+]
If you made the adjustment to the MODE/LOAD and did not start the engine before turning the key off, the requested savings will be lost, and previous settings be used.

Good point dude  :028: :028:

SHUSHHH!! havent had a problem with the new bike yet  :046: :046:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Trumpet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 06:31:08 PM »
I posted about my weird encounter with the suspension setting display. It fixed itself just like the glitch I had in the windshield.

It would be interesting to research if the folks who are using the electronic options to the fullest capacity  get more problems than us simpleton turkey who don't even listen to the radio.

...for sure, that software package leaves something to be desired...

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 08:14:57 PM »
I move my screen up and down often during every ride, listen to the iPod through the radio with ta on and sat navigation all via Bluetooth and adjust the suspension when needed and no glitches!  I even skip tracks using the let hand controls and use the cruise control.  Not sure what else to use??

Offline Trumpet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 08:51:44 PM »
...yea, thats the mystery of the TT problems, they are as random as anything I ever heard of; but typically, tech/electronic in nature.

I do have that tapping valve sound. I don't know how I am gonna address that with a shop that don't have a qualified mech. Adjusting valves is not for the faint-hearted...it is a long and complex gig on the overhead cam.
I have already been told those are 'natural' noises of the triple banger--I don't believe it. Another comment I got was well, you got two years warranty, just drive the hell out of it". Which is a Twilight Zone language which means: We don't want to face the warranty request with Triumph for this job nor do we have anyone qualified to do it.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 01:15:38 AM »
Almost every bike and car will experience random electric glitches once in a while.  I've had mystery happenings on every bike I've ever owned but only those  in my BSA and Meriden Triumphs were difficult o diagnose.  I've had them on two brand new VWs and a new corvette.  Flukes happen on occasion
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST