Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Fuse adapter  (Read 605 times)

Offline Merritt64

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Calgary
Re: Fuse adapter
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 07:36:53 PM »
I think the posi type of connector has become the standard that accessory manufacturers can add to kits for a quick installation by those who possibly do not own soldering tools and they rule out the likelihood of cold solder joints by inexperienced installers.
But at the end of the day, whatever works for each of us is the way to go.

I totally agree CAM.  I am fortunate to have the tools and experience to opt not to use the Positaps but I think that they are a better option than the typical automotive crimp type of connectors.  In a  previous life, I was a fully licensed avionics tech so am very familiar with wiring, crimping, soldering etc.  I wish I still had access to some of the splice connectors that I used to work with but the crimpers alone make it cost prohibitive.

Planning a cross Canada trip next year and hope to pass through your neck of the woods at some point in time.   :821:

Offline CAM

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Comox
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 06:04:41 PM »
If you are ever close by PM me and we can meet. You might also consider attending next years RAT party in Nelson BC. It is a 3 day gathering of Triumph owners held in July around the 15th each year...most riding in on Triumphs though a few do arrive on other makes...riding the fantastic Kootenay roads, enjoying seeing old friends from previous years and attending the Saturday night banquet at the Adventure Hotel. Riders show every year from SK, AB, BC, WA, OR, ID, and Montana. Not sure if I abbreviated the States correctly, but anyway, western states and provinces are represented. It's a good gathering and I'm sure you would enjoy it. This years event was just recently cancelled as the organizer could not count on the Virus imposed travel restrictions being lifted in time.

I hope this message is OK here rather than in the Events and Meetings section.

Offline Trophy Moderator

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2020, 11:29:28 AM »
It would have been better to have sent the previous message by PM.

Trophy Moderator