Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: In Cheshire/South Manchester Saturday - a good ride idea/place needed ??  (Read 1871 times)

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
  • Happy Happy Pillion Girl
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Black :O)
  • City / Town: Mercia Marina, Derby
Hello All

We're off to South Manchester tomorrow (Saturday) morning to visit a relative for a short while which gives us the rest of the day (from about midday) to ride somewhere.  Although I'm originally a Mancunian I don't have any idea where would be a good place to either ride to or just a ride generally in that area.  Thinking maybe head to the coast Southport or the like? but happy to go anywhere really.  Anybody have any suggestions ?  :033: 

Carol
Trophy SE 2015 in Sexy Phantom Black!

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Have a ride to Staffordshire Triumph its worth a look. Then over back towards Ashbourne up through Matlock for a coffee then back home through Chatsworth  :062:

Cool dudette

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
Sounds like a possible plan  :001:

We tend to do Ashbourne/Matlock/Chatsworth a lot as we're only down the road so was thinking maybe somewhere we'd not done before.  However, having just mentioned this thought to Mr TicketyBoo he is nodding in agreement with that ride  :169:

Carol

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
I went up the east of Wales to stockport and there were some fantastic roads.

But then the next day we did matlock etc an the way back so fantastic again

Offline chrisb1

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
exiled from cheshire...i would go for llangollen, betwys y coed, llanberis depending on how long you have got

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
The trip didn't go quite as planned .. didn't leave Altrincham (Manchester) until just after 2.30pm so ended up going north up to Hebden Bridge where my brother has a shop.  We plan a return visit with a much better route planned from TwistyRides.com, but thanks for all your suggestions, I'll be saving them for the next time we're across the hills  :169:

Carol

tweedy-bunch