Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Pannier Cover  (Read 1105 times)

Offline LarryJa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Cedarbrook, NJ
Re: Pannier Cover
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 01:13:01 pm »
After replacing my pannier covers, I got a set of the rear guards, to suppliment my R&G bars.
That should deter any future pannier cover damages from falls, as well as the rest of the bike!
A good man once told me, "Don't sell your bike. It's your soul."....

Offline Ebenezer

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 TT Lunar Silver
  • City / Town: Apeldoorn
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 09:13:32 pm »
*Originally Posted by Dmcfadyen [+]
.......... On a plus note, I'm off to Durness tomorrow, well, just 10 miles south to a hotel called the Richonich Hotel. Been going for years, well before that guy from the Scottish Borders branded the NC500. If you've never been north of Ullapool you have to go there. It's breathtaking and it never loses it's appeal.

All the best, Donald

I fully agree. But I don't like the idea of going into quarantaine for two weeks, so I hope we can go there next year.

Henk

Offline Trophyed-Up

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Chesapeake Va.
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2020, 04:41:59 am »
Pacific Blue pannier covers must be getting scarce too.  I ordered a right side cover from Bike Bandit more than a month ago and I keep getting order delayed messages.

Offline Dmcfadyen

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE Silve
  • City / Town: Livingston
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2020, 05:20:10 pm »
Hi, a wee update re my bike going over at the petrol station. I sent an email off to Shell outlining the circumstances and after a few emails their legal eagles came back saying that I had failed to prove negligence on their part and all the rest of it and if I wanted to take this further, I should seek legal advice. I replied expressing my disappointment and said that as they well knew, seeking legal advice to recover some £78 was pointless. I directed them to my original email asking for a gesture of goodwill and that good will on their part was obviously a bridge too far. I had been a customer at the service station for in excess of 25 years that that this would now end. I suggested that they could pass this on to their PR dept. Well, seems they felt a little guilty and they have coughed up, without prejudice of course but none the less, I'm a happy man.   

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2020, 05:59:27 pm »
Result !  :152:

.... and without any prejudice at all you are still free to take your fuel buying business elsewhere ! :164:

tweedy-bunch