Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: The National Cycle ZTechnic VStream screen Sports touring/ Medium size  (Read 2171 times)

• Online baz1   gb

• Trophy Pro  ‐    170
    • Topic Author

Online baz1

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: basingstoke
    The National Cycle ZTechnic VStream screen Sports touring/ Medium size
    on: Jun 20, 2020, 12.50 pm
    Jun 20, 2020, 12.50 pm
    Bought this earlier in the week. Used for 40 miles only, still has label fitted.
    135 Posted or 125 collected Basingstoke. Not really wanting to take offers, if it doesnt sell at this price happy to keep it.
     OK I was going to keep it, but have now decided to try the sport version so need to free up some cash
    So Price drop to 125 posted, which is a saving of 40 / 25% on a new one

Last Edit: Jul 01, 2020, 07.23 pm by baz1

• Offline Aussiegit

• Trophy Member  ‐    10

Offline Aussiegit

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: Trophy se
    • City / Town: Gosport
    Re: The National Cycle ZTechnic VStream screen Sports touring/ Medium
    Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2020, 10.43 am
    Jun 29, 2020, 10.43 am
    Hi Baz,
    If I collect the screen would it be 115 ?

Cheers
    Leigh

• Online baz1   gb

• Trophy Pro  ‐    170
    • Topic Author

Online baz1

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2020, 11.00 am
    Jun 29, 2020, 11.00 am
    You can have it for 110 if you collect.
    Rgds

• Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro  ‐    207

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
    • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
    • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
    Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2020, 03.22 pm
    Jun 29, 2020, 03.22 pm
    Hey Baz, That windscreen looks like it is just about the same height as the OEM wind screen. How would you rate it's performance? I know you don't have many miles on it, but what was your impression of it? I like the look of this screen but was hoping to get some feedback on how it performs vs the OEM screen.  Thanks!
    "The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

• Offline digital   es

• Trophy God  ‐    2736

Offline digital

• Trophy God
    • Trophy SE 1200
    • Bike: digital
    • City / Town: Barcelona
    Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2020, 03.40 pm
    Jun 29, 2020, 03.40 pm
    Of the 3 sizes that VStream has, I have the largest, no noise and I don't let the pilot pass air.

Being so big, I always keep it closed at the bottom, obviously due to my height that I see through the screen.

By always having the display down and turning on the ignition, the display does not rise, which means that every time the ignition is turned on or the engine is started, the battery is saved.

On the other hand, the screen in the low and curved part is wider than the OEM, this allows me to insert my hand to place the TomTom GPS anti-theft key, without having to lift the screen. With the OEM, every time I had to put in the TonTom's anti-theft key, I had to turn up the screen.

The only thing I have noticed is that with light rain, perhaps the water droplets stay a little longer. Otherwise, I give it 5 stars.
    Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

• Online baz1   gb

• Trophy Pro  ‐    170
    • Topic Author

Online baz1

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #5 on: Jun 29, 2020, 06.36 pm
    Jun 29, 2020, 06.36 pm
    *Originally Posted by Ghostrider25 [+]
    Hey Baz, That windscreen looks like it is just about the same height as the OEM wind screen. How would you rate it's performance? I know you don't have many miles on it, but what was your impression of it? I like the look of this screen but was hoping to get some feedback on how it performs vs the OEM screen.  Thanks!

Its a good quality product and I think it looks better than stock on the bike.  I found it extremely quiet in the raised position on the motorway. However I prefer looking over  the top profile of the stock screen rather than the VStream. An expensive experiment for me , but someone may get a bargain.

• Offline Canes1   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    640

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2017 Phantom Black
    • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
    Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2020, 06.57 pm
    Jun 29, 2020, 06.57 pm
    Bought the Vstream Sport simply to get more air (why have a vented helmet with no airflow) that stays on my bike unless I'm taking a trip, then I swap to OEM windscreeen.

• Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro  ‐    207

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
    • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
    • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
    Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2020, 07.23 pm
    Jun 29, 2020, 07.23 pm
    *Originally Posted by digital [+]
    Of the 3 sizes that VStream has, I have the largest, no noise and I don't let the pilot pass air.

Being so big, I always keep it closed at the bottom, obviously due to my height that I see through the screen. By always having the display down and turning on the ignition, the display does not rise, which means that every time the ignition is turned on or the engine is started, the battery is saved.

The only thing I have noticed is that with light rain, perhaps the water droplets stay a little longer. Otherwise, I give it 5 stars.

Hmm, very interesting! Thank you, Digital. This is valuable feedback.

*Originally Posted by baz1 [+]
    Its a good quality product and I think it looks better than stock on the bike.  I found it extremely quiet in the raised position on the motorway. However I prefer looking over  the top profile of the stock screen rather than the VStream. An expensive experiment for me , but someone may get a bargain.

Thank you, Sir Baz. I agree, the Vstream does look better than the OEM, which I have no functional issues with. I am on the tall side (6'4") so I have no issues looking over the OEM screen, which does a fine job. But I do enjoy the look of the Vstream better. Perhaps I will break down and buy one!  Thanks again for your valuable feedback, gents!  :002:

"The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

tweedy-bunch