Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: searching for a seat with driver backrest for my 2017 TTSE  (Read 948 times)

Offline ADKTTSERIDER

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 TTSE
  • City / Town: Johnstown,NY
searching for a seat with driver backrest for my 2017 TTSE
« on: June 21, 2020, 01:18:45 pm »
Looking for a comfortable seat and driver backrest for my 2017 TTSE
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 12:45:13 pm by ADKTTSERIDER »

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: searching for a seat with driver backrest for my 2017 TTSE
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 01:36:01 pm »
Seat wise, you may have to have one built according to others that have done that.  Backrest wise, you can install a Utopia on the passenger seat and it works very well.  Some of us have installed them ourselves.

There is also a member's Corbin seat and backrest available in the forum classifieds.  You would have to contact that member to get any particulars on the seat.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline ADKTTSERIDER

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 TTSE
  • City / Town: Johnstown,NY
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 02:32:36 pm »
Thanks for the info, I contacted Utopia last week about making a driver backrest smaller than the one they sell which to me seems a little to big and gaudy especially since I usually don't run panniers or trunk when I am riding local for pleasure. They said no so not interested in their product, plus you lose the pillion with their backrest. Looking for Corbin, RDL or other aftermarket seat with a drivers backrest. I have attempted to notify the gentleman on here who is selling a Corbin w/backrest but he doesn't respond so I posted this want ad.

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Phantom Black
  • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 09:06:01 pm »
To be honest the Utopia looks like it was made for this bike, which it was. From what I understand, a member here a actually sent his seat to Utopia to build a backrest for this particular bike, will not work on any other bike and more than likely, Utopia has a template, of some sorts, for a Triumph Trophy backrest, they don't deviate from....yes I have one and love it!

Btw, you can purchase the quick disconnect bracket, that slides in and out in seconds and leaves the pillion seat wide open!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 12:37:06 am by Canes1 »

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 09:10:29 pm »
Exactly! Mine is the quick detach, but it's only been off the bike about 3 or 4 times for brief periods.  It's always on anytime I'm riding.  No passenger to cater to, she doesn't/can't ride for physical reason involving her back.  I had a Corbin seat with backrest on my 2010 BMW R1200RT and the Utopia is a far better item with more adjustability, and the pouch is handy too for short rides.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 09:12:25 pm by trophied »
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Easyrider4

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Ohio
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 09:25:51 pm »
I have such a backrest already mounted on a stock comfort passenger pillion. Like new and listed on the Items for sale page. 
There are Old Bikers and there are Bold bikers but, there are no Old Bold bikers