Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: I-Pass  (Read 2327 times)

Offline tdragger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
Re: I-Pass
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 04:09:21 PM »
I have the North Carolina QuickPass EZPass mounted to my bike.  The QuickPass is good for all EZPass states as well as the Georgia PeachPass and the 2 Florida systems.  I also carry a Kansas K-Tag that takes care of Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.

The NC QuickPass EZPass is similar to the exterior bumper mounted transponders used for certain cars.  Two years ago when I ordered my pass, it was the only one available for motorcycles.  The white interior mounted pass would not work for my m/c but works just fine for my truck.  I just have the bumper mounted transponder zip-tied to my farkle bar and it works everytime.
-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #609 (formerly 42146)

Offline Mhodges1

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE 2013
  • City / Town: Markham,Il
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 09:39:20 PM »
Illinois resident and I have my ipass mounted on my parcel shelf. My understanding is they will start charging the higher rate if they keep looking up your license plate instead of the transponder. I guess the computer is to lazy to connect your accounts so they charge for the extra labor.

Offline darmah59

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: SALINE
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2020, 04:40:48 PM »
FWIW I looked at all the pass options for the states and it seemed the Ohio EZ pass was the cheapest to get and to use overall.
When you get the pass from them you have to enter your licence plates numbers for all the vehicles that may use it, including motorbikes. They reccomend it be placed so it is visible to the readers which means it needs to be on the windshield or perhaps even the side pocket. Heck you could stick it on your helmet.

I live about 20 mins from Brighton, if you are interested in a Trophy meet and greet let me know.

Offline TomAdis

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Brighton, MI
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2020, 04:48:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by darmah59 [+]
I live about 20 mins from Brighton, if you are interested in a Trophy meet and greet let me know.

Man!  Two days too late.  Saturday I took a ride out to Brooklyn via US12 through the Hills.  Haven't been down that stretch in about 10 years.  Sad to see all the attractions we grew up with are now closed and overrun.

Offline darmah59

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: SALINE
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2020, 04:52:17 PM »
I live right of Michigan Av in Saline, a group of us ride every Sat morning from Ann Arbor, welcome to join us if you like.

tweedy-bunch