Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Michelin Road 5  (Read 2417 times)

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
Re: Michelin Road 5
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2020, 07:44:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by digital [+]
Also add that the duration of the tires is closely related to the appreciation of the type of asphalt to which you move, mostly I move daily on asphalt, let's say, rather smooth. It is not aggressive.

True for sure. I've lived all over the country and have yet to find that magical 10k miles on a rear pavement :)

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2020, 12:56:25 AM »
A lot of chip and seal where you live.  In Texas we have more asphalt and concrete than chip and seal unless you ride exclusively on the county back roads in the Hill Country.  Even riding back roads for fun around here most of my mileage ends up on less aggressive pavement for the to and from and twice a year get together trips that account for around 5000 miles between them.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline baz1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: basingstoke
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2020, 10:43:26 AM »
Never mangaged more than 5500 miles on a PR4GT before I needed to change them. That was on Honda St1300s, BMW 1200GSA and the Trophy.  The tyres were not worn out but at around that mileage, the profile of the tyres has changed that much that it spoils the ride. I guess if most of my mileage was on straight roads I dould probably eek a few more thousand miles. I tend to do about hal my miles two up and fully loaded which may also have an effect on wear. Not sure what my next tyre choice will be, but have been happy with the performance of the PR4 GT to date.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:46:24 AM by baz1 »