Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Id like to fit an extra Hella socket, but Id like to run this by you  (Read 286 times)

Offline dandrumheller

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Lebanon ME
Re: Id like to fit an extra Hella socket, but Id like to run this by
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 02:50:51 PM »
I'm using an AMPS to 25mm female RAM ball mount adapter on the OEM satnav mount.  This allows for a variety of options for attaching device mounts.  It does extend the device aft a little - making it easier for my short arms to reach, but also creating mild oscillations in the device at times.  Has not been an issue for me using my phone as a satnav.  I have the phone mounted in a TackForm clamp that attaches to the female RAM ball on the AMPs adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0059EN7L6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For power, I ran a USB cable up through the dash to the GPS mount.  This runs over to the inside of the right mirror pod, where I have an SAE pigtail coming off the battery for my battery tender hookup.  SAE to USB adapter here gets me power to the phone cable.  Not the most elegant solution, but it was simple to set up and only thing I had to buy was the SAE to USB adapter. 
2015 TTSE.  It's blue.

Online RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy & Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
Re: Id like to fit an extra Hella socket, but Id like to run this by
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 06:58:04 PM »
Thanks again for the latest two replies  :028:

Ill follow all of these suggestions and links up very shortly... 😁
After 7 years of riding the Tiger 1200 (the Trophy's disreputable hooligan little brother!), in May 2020 it was joined by a Ruby Red and Gold Trophy too 😁

tweedy-bunch