Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Dealer Tool availability???  (Read 5830 times)

• Offline Suzukiguy

• Trophy Member  ‐    17
    • Topic Author

Offline Suzukiguy

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
    • City / Town: Lexington
    Dealer Tool availability???
    on: Aug 03, 2020, 12.41 am
    Aug 03, 2020, 12.41 am
    I have been waiting to purchase a dealer tool, but their website always says to check back as they are unavailable currently?????

Is this something that happens often with this supplier? 

And is there another tool that does the same operations as the dealer tool that is available to purchase?

I've got a new-to-me bike and would like to scan for codes so I know what needs attention before I go on any long trips. Just a little peace of mind for me!

Thanks!
    1978 Suzuki GS750E
    1978 Suzuki GS1000C
    2013 Triumph Trophy SE
    1983 Suzuki GS1100E - work in progress!

• Offline Canes1   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    640

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2017 Phantom Black
    • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
    Re: Dealer Tool availability???
    Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2020, 02.38 am
    Aug 03, 2020, 02.38 am
    Believe there's a way to scan for codes without tool. One of our resident experts will have to chime in.

• Online trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    4913

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2020, 04.03 am
    Aug 03, 2020, 04.03 am
    Press the scroll up switch and the "i" button on the left switch cube,THEN turn on the ignition key while keeping both depressed until the Tachometer and Speedometer cycle and return to zero and then when  you release the buttons you will see any codes that are stored. P0000 means there are no codes stored.
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10000

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2020, 07.55 am
    Aug 03, 2020, 07.55 am
    It is unusual for them to be out of stock, and this is no doubt due to the effects
    of the Covid19 Pandamic.  A note on their Web site says to check back weekly.

Meanwhile, If you head over to this Topic :

Servicing Data, Reference Info. & DTC ( Fault ) Codes

.... Scroll to Reply #8, "Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC's ) / Fault Codes",
    and you will find, at the end of that Post ( provided you are Logged On to the Forum )
    a Document you can download listing all the DTC's, their meanings, and other useful information.

Cheers  :821:

Last Edit: Aug 03, 2020, 07.57 am by Coconut

• Offline Stelyn   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    931

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
    Reply #4 on: Aug 03, 2020, 03.46 pm
    Aug 03, 2020, 03.46 pm

Over on our `sister’ site,  Triumph Tiger 800 (forum),  a Forum member  has recently written and updated a software  -Tiger Tool.    I  have the DealerTool and this is just as good and `Free',   I am unable to add the `download link’ but  the Forum Site is identical to this one and a  `search’ will take you to the link, worth considering and trying, and thanks to T800XC       :028:

( Part  `cut & pasted' from post to show its abilities )

How To Use TigerTool V3.0 Service Utility Software
    « on: July 18, 2020, 09:40:50 PM »
    TigerTool V3.0 is now released.  :152:

Subject to the disclaimer below, this software supports the Tiger 800, 900, Sport & Explorer/1200 models. It can also be tested with other Triumph models, including twins, via special command-line switches. Support for some models may be limited so not all features will be available. Details on how to try TigerTool with other models are included in the instruction document.

V3.0 includes features to allow the user to do the following:-

• Reset the service interval and clear the 'service due' wrench symbol from the instruments
    • Configure ABS / TPMS menu items & default distance units for the instruments
    • Read & clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) and the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL)
    • Read & clear ABS DTCs
    • Bleed ABS brake modulator
    • Check throttle body balance
    • Read, enable/disable & program TPMS sensors
    • Erase Immobiliser/TPMS DTCs and monitor live TPMS data
    • Read VIN, ECU serial & engine map reference codes
    Last Edit: Aug 03, 2020, 03.53 pm by Stelyn
    `Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

• Online trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    4913

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Reply #5 on: Aug 03, 2020, 05.10 pm
    Aug 03, 2020, 05.10 pm
    I'm dying to know if it will indeed program tire pressure sensors into the system.  That is a great feature that Dealertool says Triumph will not give them access to.  If it will, then there will no longer be a need to pay a dealer to hook up and program the sensors when changed at the same time as fitting tires.  I have a fresh set that is going in on my soon to be (maybe a week or two max) tire change and I have changed the batteries in one of the other 2 sets I have so it is always possible to have fresh sensors and if we can program them in ourselves HOORAY!  Keep us posted on that please.  Thanks for the info.  :821:
    Glenn
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Online Rick505   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    319

Online Rick505

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Albuquerque, NM
    Reply #6 on: Aug 04, 2020, 03.42 pm
    Aug 04, 2020, 03.42 pm
    *Originally Posted by trophied [+]
    I'm dying to know if it will indeed program tire pressure sensors into the system.  That is a great feature that Dealertool says Triumph will not give them access to.  If it will, then there will no longer be a need to pay a dealer to hook up and program the sensors when changed at the same time as fitting tires.  I have a fresh set that is going in on my soon to be (maybe a week or two max) tire change and I have changed the batteries in one of the other 2 sets I have so it is always possible to have fresh sensors and if we can program them in ourselves HOORAY!  Keep us posted on that please.  Thanks for the info.  :821:
    Glenn

I went to the trouble of registering at a Tiger site and was able to download the software and instructions.  The following is the first paragraph of the TPMS section:

TPMS – TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM
    New to TigerTool V3.0 is the ability to read & program TPMS sensors, enable / disable the system, read & clear
    immobiliser DTCs and monitor live TPMS data.

Note:- The TPMS feature will currently only work on bikes that have an immobiliser that also acts as the TPMS
    controller. Due to access restrictions it cannot be used on newer bikes that have a Chassis ECU. Work is ongoing
    to provide support for these bikes.

I might try and play around later.

• Online Rick505   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    319

Online Rick505

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Albuquerque, NM
    Reply #7 on: Aug 04, 2020, 11.34 pm
    Aug 04, 2020, 11.34 pm
    I played around using the DealerTool Cable and it connected but shows an error, Unsupported Model Detected as shown in these pictures.  It did find my VIN (somewhat redacted for the image), model year, and mileage as shown.   I tried using a BlueTooth OBD adapter but my Win10 laptop never connected.  The adapter works fine using an Android phone and the TuneECU software/App.