Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Dealer Tool availability???  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
Re: Dealer Tool availability???
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 02:38:19 PM »

The OBD Interface may be the issue,   
(below `cut & pasted via T800XC )

TigerTool, accessing ECU data can be achieved using the ISO9141-2 and ISO15765-4 (aka CAN bus) protocols .  This software is intended to work with most USB & Bluetooth ELM327-based OBD2 interfaces, including clones.

There are a number of ELM327-based interfaces around that don't work with TigerTool because they contain very poor quality components and/or firmware and don't support some the of the basic ELM327 commands that are needed, in particular 'AT D'.

Some of the USB interfaces have the FTDI USB-to-serial chipsets which seem to work well under any version of Windows, as FTDI are usually on-the-ball with releasing drivers. Unfortunately FTDI released driver updates a few back that bricked many of the clone chips that were being used in cheap OBD2 interfaces,   so it can be a case of buyer beware.    There are also many interfaces that use different serial chipsets, e.g. the PL2303 interface from Prolific Tech, and most of these have been tested.
The key is to ensure that you have the latest drivers for the device that you're using to support the version of Windows that your PC is running.

NOTE:
• This software WILL NOT work with the VAG/KKL leads such as those from Lonelec that are used with TuneECU.
This version supports ELM327 OBD2 interfaces that are V1.n or V2.n.

Hope this is off use to those considering trying the software,

`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2020, 07:37:21 AM »
Getting back "on Topic" ( DealerTool availability ),
I sent then a message last week asking about them being out of stock.

They replied yesterday evening explaining that this was due to a shortage
of components  from their supplier, but they now have the DealerTool device
back in stock and available for next day despatch :

Link : DealerTool

Cheers  :821:

Offline Suzukiguy

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Lexington
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2020, 12:35:03 PM »
Ordered it yesterday. I sent an email last week and they responded that they would let me know when they are in stock again.

And guess what? They sent an email yesterday advising that they are in stock again!

Hope the tool works as well as their customer service! :062:
1978 Suzuki GS750E
1978 Suzuki GS1000C
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
1983 Suzuki GS1100E - work in progress!

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2020, 02:29:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Suzukiguy [+]
Ordered it yesterday. I sent an email last week and they responded that they would let me know when they are in stock again.

And guess what? They sent an email yesterday advising that they are in stock again!

Hope the tool works as well as their customer service! :062:

You can be sure that this tool works correctly and is very effective.

For a while, I had the opportunity to see how effective it is and how effective it is. Later I gave it to a friend because my son bought the professional Triumph tool and I no longer needed the dialertool.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2020, 04:40:17 PM »
There's a Dealertool available from ME.  There's also an OBDll available from ME.  Neither will work.  Neither are even recognized by my Windows 10 laptop when plugged into the USB port, and I only have 1 of those.  No help from Dealertool with anything I could even remotely understand.  PM me if you're interested.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline darmah59

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: SALINE
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2020, 04:45:39 PM »
I have dealer tool from the UK and it does work well with the Trophy, the couple of questions I had of the company where promptly answered and resolved.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2020, 05:06:15 PM »
Yeah, nothing that's supposed to show up on my screen ever appears at all.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline mtowngoldie

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: KNOXVILLE
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2020, 05:41:33 PM »
Don't want to highjack this thread; but, did want to let those who might be interested in the TigerTool V3.0 that has been discussed above know that the TigerTool will work nicely with the TTSE, and, it's FREE.  So, how did I do it?

First, I ordered a BBFLY-BF32301 lead through AliExpress that took three weeks to get to me from China.  Well worth it though since I knew that this lead is known to work perfectly with the TigerTool software (which it does and cost less than $20).  In the meantime, I went over and joined the Tiger800 forum and downloaded T800XC's excellent TigerTool V3.0 instructions and software.  I read and studied the instructions in great detail while I waited on my lead to arrive  :084:.  It got here and I hooked everything up between the PC and the bike's diagnostic outlet.  As I had imagined, I arrived at the same dead end that Rick505 had gotten to on his experience with trying the TigerTool.

However, T800XC provides a couple of workarounds in his detailed instructions on how to handle the "Unsupported Model Detected" dead end situation.  So, here's what I did.  Following his exact directions, I created a new shortcut to TigerTool and switched the "target" line to include -tryecu2 at the end of the target line in the properties field.  I had no idea whether to choose ecu1 or ecu2 and just guessed that ecu2 would make more sense for a TTSE bike  :187: ?  And VOLIA!  :046: :152: everything worked like a champ once I hooked everything back up again.  I was able to access all areas and features offered via the TigerTool software program!  I immediately revised my service indicator to the milage I wanted to perform my next service, checked for any and all DTC code (there were none reported anywhere) and checked out to determine whether or not my throttle bodies were balanced (which they were).  Did not mess with any of the TPMS area but I could access it had I wanted to enter into that area.  Long story short, I did not find any area or procedure that I could not alter or access during my initial sync up experience. :152: :062:

So, kudos to T800XC for all his time and effort on developing this most useful FREE software which can and will help many Triumph owners save lots of money by doing various system adjustments to their bikes without taking it in to a dealer.

Again, I apologize for being off topic with this post but I thought some of you might benefit from my recent experience using TigerTool V3.0  :431: