Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Denmark  (Read 1860 times)

Offline DVP

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
  • City / Town: Bradford
Denmark
« on: August 29, 2013, 04:40:47 PM »
Hi All,
Just got back from a great time in Denmark. Triumph Owners Club Britannia Rally first. Lots of 1960's and 70's Triumphs, BSA's and Norton's, mine the only new Trophy. The party piece was when they brought out a Merlin engine and fired it up at night, flames from the exhaust and the sound of the engine, fantastic!!
Then moved on to the FIM Motocamp, 19 countries represented, plenty of rides out, great roads, very little traffic, weather good as well. Three other Trophy's, one Brit, one French, one Dutch. All said it was the best bike they'd had . To buy a new Trophy over there costs approx. £30,000 (exorbitant taxes)!!!
Total mileage just under 1,000 miles, fuel consumption 60.4 mpg, 2 up fully loaded with camping gear, 75-80 mph, brilliant.   

:046:

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Re: Denmark
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 04:52:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by DVP [+]
Hi All,
Just got back from a great time in Denmark. Triumph Owners Club Britannia Rally first. Lots of 1960's and 70's Triumphs, BSA's and Norton's, mine the only new Trophy. The party piece was when they brought out a Merlin engine and fired it up at night, flames from the exhaust and the sound of the engine, fantastic!!
Then moved on to the FIM Motocamp, 19 countries represented, plenty of rides out, great roads, very little traffic, weather good as well. Three other Trophy's, one Brit, one French, one Dutch. All said it was the best bike they'd had . To buy a new Trophy over there costs approx. £30,000 (exorbitant taxes)!!!
Total mileage just under 1,000 miles, fuel consumption 60.4 mpg, 2 up fully loaded with camping gear, 75-80 mph, brilliant.   

:046:

Nice one dude  :062: :062:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 05:15:30 PM »
Hey DVP, sounds like you had a great time... Even the Trophy engine pales into insignificance next to a Merlin!  :745:

I am in the final days of my European tour and averaging 58 mpg fully laden even at autobahn speeds and up and down through the Alps twice! I am seriously impressed with this machine!

Looking to do Scandinavia next year possibly!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 10:44:04 AM »
DVP

Sounds like a brilliant time you have had. any photis.

:062: :821:

seadog
seadog

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisbech, Cambs
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 04:38:07 PM »
Sounds like a brilliant time had by all. Nice one. Perhaps a candidate for our proposed overseas trip next year, whatdya think?

Ps I was lucky enough to be trained on the army version of the Merlin, called Meteor, it was a dream to work on. Rolls Royce at its best.

Offline DVP

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 06:53:18 PM »
Hi, Will try and download some pic's when sorted. The Britannia Rally is always the 3rd Saturday in August.
Been away with the club, camping this weekend, met two other members with Trophy's, blue of course! One of them was the first TT out of the factory.

:821:

tweedy-bunch