Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: SENA SRL - Anybody else have issues?  (Read 913 times)

Offline Gargamel

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE, 79 CX500
  • City / Town: Sheboygan
SENA SRL - Anybody else have issues?
« on: August 30, 2020, 04:25:11 am »
Last year I purchased a Shoei Neotec II helmet and a Sena SRL communication system. After what I thought was a proper firmware update, now it doesn't do anything. I'm waiting to hear back from Sena for help.

Does anybody have issues with Sena gear like this? Their firmware app and iPhone app are garbage.

Wasn't sure which category to post. I felt this wouldn't be too distracting.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: SENA SRL - Anybody else have issues?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 11:34:02 am »
I have a Neotec 2 with SRL that I purchased a couple of months ago.

I updated the Firmware to the latest version as soon as I had charged it up,
and, after a bit of experimentation to see which "Mode" was best for the Pairings,
it connected without any issues at all to my Garmin 595, my iPhone, and to the Trophy audio system.

I connected the SRL to the Garmin first, using "GPS Pairing" mode,
then, after also connecting my iPhone to the Garmin,
I connected the SRL to the Trophy "HEADSET 1" channel,
using the SRL's "Mobile Phone Pairing" mode.

Cheers  :821:

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 09:32:15 pm »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
I have a Neotec 2 with SRL that I purchased a couple of months ago.

I updated the Firmware to the latest version as soon as I had charged it up,
and, after a bit of experimentation to see which "Mode" was best for the Pairings,
it connected without any issues at all to my Garmin 595, my iPhone, and to the Trophy audio system.

I connected the SRL to the Garmin first, using "GPS Pairing" mode,
then, after also connecting my iPhone to the Garmin,
I connected the SRL to the Trophy "HEADSET 1" channel,
using the SRL's "Mobile Phone Pairing" mode.

Cheers  :821:

Interestingly, I think Coconut and I are unintentionally (honest!) following the same paths.  We both settled on the Garmin Zumo XT, but I was first with that one.  Now that I buggered up my Interphone intercom by soldering in better helmet  speakers (they were great for over a year but then a wire snapped and I couldn't repair it) I bought the Sena SRL1 for my Neotec II helmet.  I didn't realise Coconut had already been down this route until I searched for Sena!

Anyway, I paired the Garmin Zumo XT as the GPS pairing, my Samsung S8 as the mobile phone pairing, the Trophy Audio system as the 2nd Mobile Phone pairing and finally the Intercom with my pillion.  All seems to be working very well.

I can play the radio from the Trophy audio system, OR the Sena built in FM radio.

I can play music from either the Trophy audio system (USB socket), the Garmin Zumo XT, or finally from my mobile phone.

Spoilt for choices but I'm pleased to have the handlebar control of the Trophy audio system back again  :156: :156:

Ken
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 09:34:34 pm by Novocastrian »
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Offline STeed

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Watertown, WI
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 01:49:03 am »
I'll have to try to re-pair my items.  When I tried to pair my phone to my SRL and then the Trophy, it kept messing up which one was active on my helmet.  If I had my phone connected before I started up the Trophy, then the trophy would take over the headset once I turned on the ignition.
2017 Trophy SE
2013 Bonneville