Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: How To Use TigerTool V3.1 Service Utility Software  (Read 9001 times)

Online T800XC

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
Re: How To Use TigerTool V3.1 Service Utility Software
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2021, 12:32:07 pm »
You may be able to reset the date manually via the TFT display's menu. As you're also a member over at the Tiger 800/900 forum, it's probably best to ask this question over there.

TigerTool can only currently reset the service interval distance. On the newer bikes, including my 2019 Tiger 1200, the service interval is displayed as both a distance and date. I've been waiting to get access to a 900 to test some other TigerTool features and could do the same with the service date reset.

I know what the reset command is, but I won't release any new software unless I've tested it properly and as yet I've not had time to do this.
...we are reviewing telemetric information in our mission simulator and will advise...

Offline mjp0625

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: tiger900
  • City / Town: beijing
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2021, 01:08:11 pm »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
You may be able to reset the date manually via the TFT display's menu. As you're also a member over at the Tiger 800/900 forum, it's probably best to ask this question over there.

TigerTool can only currently reset the service interval distance. On the newer bikes, including my 2019 Tiger 1200, the service interval is displayed as both a distance and date. I've been waiting to get access to a 900 to test some other TigerTool features and could do the same with the service date reset.

I know what the reset command is, but I won't release any new software unless I've tested it properly and as yet I've not had time to do this.
Thanks again,and waiting for your good news!

Offline marcus905

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Many
  • City / Town: Cosenza
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2021, 07:38:00 pm »
Hi T800XC

I tried your tool today but couldn't make it work with a STN1110 based adapter (like the ones in OBDLink devices). While I will try later today with a cheapo ELM327, do you have any idea why? Do you want me to pull any log to see what happens there to maybe fix this?

Thank you again for the software!

-- M

Online T800XC

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2021, 08:11:43 pm »
*Originally Posted by marcus905 [+]
Hi T800XC

I tried your tool today but couldn't make it work with a STN1110 based adapter (like the ones in OBDLink devices). While I will try later today with a cheapo ELM327, do you have any idea why? Do you want me to pull any log to see what happens there to maybe fix this?

Thank you again for the software!

-- M
As far as I recall the STN based interfaces are supposed to be ELM327 compliant but it's possible they don't support the commands 100%.

How far did TigerTool get and what error messages were displayed? The most likely failure is with the "AT I" command but I'd need to get myself an OBDLink device to check this.

It's on my 'to-do' list as you're not the first to try TigerTool with one of those. Maybe I'll bump it up my list of things to buy.

In the meantime I'll try to read-up on the STN command set and responses.
...we are reviewing telemetric information in our mission simulator and will advise...

Offline marcus905

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Many
  • City / Town: Cosenza
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2021, 10:43:40 pm »
It didn't go very far, after I selected the com port, it failed when clicking on connect. The message was that it couldn't connect to the ECU.

If you want me to test something just tell me and I'll try!

Thanks again,
-- M

Offline JOK178

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2021, 11:21:41 am »
Thanks for the program. I had the old V2.0 that I bought and came with an OBD cable, windows tried to brick my cable, but I found a old driver from 2008 that worked at http://wp.brodzinski.net/2014/10/01/fake-pl2303-how-to-install/ .

Only issue I have is I cannot scan my ABS codes, it always says cannot connect. Is this common, or just my bike?

Online T800XC

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2021, 11:59:10 am »
*Originally Posted by JOK178 [+]
Only issue I have is I cannot scan my ABS codes, it always says cannot connect. Is this common, or just my bike?
That's not uncommon with ABS checks because they don't use the CAN bus so the comms setup is quite slow. Even Triumph's own TriTun diagnostic software does this on occasion. It shouldn't do it every time and should eventually make a connection.

As-per the comments at the top of page 13 in the TigerTool instructions, the comms may timeout if the ABS ECU takes too long to respond. I could take a look at extending the wait period but I'm not sure it would help.