Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Satellite antennae  (Read 658 times)

Offline triumphguy

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Reno
Satellite antennae
« on: September 11, 2020, 03:15:02 am »
Has anyone had issue with the satellite antennae becoming loose, as not staying in it's place on top of dash?  I had had to secure mine with duct tape...not very attractively.

Offline brenchley

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: NE Florida
Re: Satellite antennae
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 11:12:48 am »
I had something similar - the black, plastic fascia under the windshield, the four screws that hold it in place, had loosened and the sat antenna not only came loose, but popped right out of place at speed.  That was a surprise.  Tightened the screws down and no more issues.
IBA #69644

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 02:21:51 pm »
If no anti-lock nuts are fitted. They can put screw glues and that way they don't loosen.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline baz1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: basingstoke
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 01:58:00 pm »
My mount loosened off a few weeks back. Had a 400 mile ride to do so used duck tape to secure it back down. It was a PITA to gain access to  tighten the screws  back up.

Offline triumphguy

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Reno
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 04:51:17 pm »
Hello baz1.
I took tape off and need to investigate the screws. Not sure how to get under dash panel. Looks like PITA.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 07:04:26 pm »
This Topic has details on how to remove the Cockpit Panels and access the Sat Nav Bracketry :

HOW TO: Fitting Triumph Sat Nav Mount .....

Cheers  :821:

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 07:49:32 am »
In response to a message from triumphguy, and for the benefit of anyine else browsing this Topic :

The US Version of Sat Nav bracket looks like this :

Item 3 is the Mounting Plate for the XM Antenna.
The Mounting Plate is secured to the Bracket by the 2 screws at Item 7.

The XM antenna is secured to the Mounting Plate by 4 x screws installed from underneath the Plate.

Item 5 ( 2 screws ) are used to attach the Sat Nav bracket to the Trophy curved "Fascia bracket".
( Note that it is easy to assemble the Fascia Bracket the wrong way around,
such that it's 2 threaded holes will not line up when the Cockpit panels are re-assembled ).

This Image shows the correct assembly of the Sat Nav Bracket to the Fascia Bracket.
( UK Version with XM Antenna shown ) :

Two of the holes in the Fascia bracket are used to fix the Fascia bracket assembly to the Instrument Pack.

Once the Instrument Pack and surrounding panels with Fascia Becket and Sat Nav bracket
are put back into position, the two "Patch Locked" screws ( Item 6 ) - having dabs of a pink or other coloured
thread locking compound on them, are passed from the front of the bike through the inner two holes
adjacent to the Screen arms, and screw into the two threaded holes of the Fascia Bracket.

It can be difficult to line the holes up when reassembling, and the use of bamboo BBQ skewers
or similar, passed through the holes from outside into the Fascia threaded holes,
can assist in guiding them into the correct position.

Cheers  :821:

Offline baz1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: basingstoke
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 07:56:55 pm »
It was the two screws labelled 5 on the drawing above that were loos on mine. I applied a bit of studlock befor refitting. Its a simple job of you can get it all to clip back in correctly. The Garmin 590 cable is a lot thicker than the tom tom one, which made it hard to fit.

tweedy-bunch