Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Satellite antennae  (Read 657 times)

Offline triumphguy

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Reno
Re: Satellite antennae
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 08:37:34 pm »
The image (sorry-sideways) below is from the shop manual.  I'm not seeing the additional brackets that appear in the photo and image sent from Coconut. I think the US/Canadian antennae are different.
I am not seeing any other bracket that the patch-lock screws go to.  Can a US member confirm so I can determine if I'm missing a bracket relative to the patch-lock fixtures?
Thank you,

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 09:12:55 pm »
Aah ! - I see what's happened here !  :430:

I mistakenly thought your XM antenna was fitted to the additional optional Sat Nav bracket,
as shown in the previous Photo etc, but it would appear not, and can only apologise for the confusion !

Looking at the Service Manual instructions ( Chapter 18, Page 35 ) they are not very clear
about how the Satellite Antenna is fixed in place, but the Instructions for the Sat Nav bracket
installation say to remove the 4 screws from the Satellite Antenna assembly, and retain them
in the event of the motorcycle being returned to its original condition, so wherever the Sat Nav
antenna is mounted, it would appear that there should be 4 screws holding it in place there.

Cheers  :821:

Offline triumphguy

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Reno
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2020, 09:55:45 pm »
Yes, the antennae is attached to a plate with 4 screws.  The plate slides under the top of the facia or dash...so to speak.  It is secured strictly from the pressure of the top facia and front facia secured by the various 3 fixings.  Not too tight at top as there are no patch-lock screws.....however, it does not appear that the patch lock screws attach to anything on the inside.  Maybe they are there for the benefit of the Sat Nav Bracket which is not on the US model.....?
Your thoughts appreciated.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 05:53:37 am »
Referring to the previous Photo showing the curved Fascia bracket,
which you should still have on your Trophy, ( but without the Sat Nav
bracket attached to it ), the two Patch locked screws should still go
into the two threaded holes marked on the Photo.

If they don’t, then the Fascia bracket may be installed the wrong way round,
so study the image and note that the upper rolled over lip of the Fascia bracket
should be facing towards the rear of the motorcycle.

Cheers,

Offline brenchley

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: NE Florida
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2020, 11:40:59 am »
"Maybe they are there for the benefit of the Sat Nav Bracket which is not on the US model.....?"

Triumphguy, the Sat Nav bracket is an accessory that can be purchased  separately.  It's for the North American model bike, as Sirius XM is only available here.
IBA #69644