* Recent New Topics

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Almost moved to the dark side....  (Read 205 times)

Online Novocastrian

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
Almost moved to the dark side....
« on: September 16, 2020, 06:43:50 PM »
Visited the local Triumph dealer today and sat on a Tiger Sport 1050.  They are being discontinued and priced accordingly.  For just over £2000 I can trade in my Trophy and get a brand new Tiger, although the luggage is another £1400.  I was so close to writing the cheque until the missus said "Are you sure?" along with "that pillion seat looks tiny".

For all the high spec items on the Trophy it just seems too big at times......decisions, decisions..... :084:

Plus, six months down the line, I don't want my ear bent "I told you that seat didn't look comfortable"  :233:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 06:45:50 PM by Novocastrian »
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
Re: Almost moved to the dark side....
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 08:36:29 PM »
Obviously our ladies are right and they are the ones who when they get on the Troohy have to be as comfortable as possible.

If I tell my lady that I change the Trophy for an Explorer. Hahaha. Change the lock on my front door and leave my luggage at the door.

Obviously, the Explorer is a great bike, of course it is and without a doubt.

In terms of comfort and balance of the bike on the asphalt. That certainly makes it more comfortable and comfortable than the Explorer.

Honestly, it's my opinion.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline Ebenezer

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 TT Lunar Silver
  • City / Town: Apeldoorn
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 11:34:04 PM »
Well, the bike isn't a GoldWing. But the comfort of the Trophy for the lady was a main reason to buy the bike.
Henk

Offline OpusThePenguin

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Brunswick
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 12:34:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ebenezer [+]
But the comfort of the Trophy for the lady was a main reason to buy the bike.

This is quite literally the reason I bought the bike.  My wife has some back issues, so we went around and she sat on all the options we had at a couple dealerships, told me her favorite ones to sit on and I choose from those options.  The Trophy was both our favorites so that worked out.

tweedy-bunch