Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: A Trophy clone???  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
Re: A Trophy clone???
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 08:33:09 pm »
When my Trophy is done, I'd buy one.  My Chinese scooter just runs and runs and runs....Oh, it stops quite well too LOL
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 09:07:43 pm »
You can damn sure the seat will be at a more acceptable height...little legs, those Chinese  :002:
Ken Hastie

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 09:45:07 pm »
*Originally Posted by Novocastrian [+]
When my Trophy is done, I'd buy one.  My Chinese scooter just runs and runs and runs....Oh, it stops quite well too LOL

Which brand of Chinese scooter is it?

A few months ago the young lad at my local bike shop were saying that his Chinese motorbike wasn't as reliable or of good quality compared to the previous Suzuki he had, he said that the parts were cheaper to buy but he ended up going through more of them.

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 10:08:46 pm »
*Originally Posted by earthman [+]
Which brand of Chinese scooter is it?

A few months ago the young lad at my local bike shop were saying that his Chinese motorbike wasn't as reliable or of good quality compared to the previous Suzuki he had, he said that the parts were cheaper to buy but he ended up going through more of them.

AJS Modena 125
Ken Hastie

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2020, 10:18:04 pm »
Even if they copied the Trophy to the last detail it wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing.  At least we might have replacement parts for a while longer!  :062:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2020, 10:37:59 pm »
*Originally Posted by Novocastrian [+]
AJS Modena 125

I parked next to their Cadwell model the other week, that caught me out, I thought that it were actually an old AJS,...looked very smart to me. :002:

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2020, 03:18:19 pm »
Craftsmen and Artisans are equally capable in most any developed country; I'm not a Chinese fan, don't get me wrong, but ..  they build there what they are TOLD to build, and it that's cheap fall-apart junk, that's what they manufacture.  It's the buyer who sets the specs that is to blame....

Point is, they can build a fine machine if that is what they are asked ( or want ) to do....

IMHO.. that is...  :155:

Oh, by the way, do not patronize Wish.com, again IMHO, bought a backup-camera from them, came from China, China-Engrish instructions, terrible, no wiring instructions, and when I downloaded the app... CHINESE!!!!  They are giving me the severe run-around on returning the item, so I'd avoid them..
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2008 Kawasaki KLR650
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
  • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2020, 02:37:57 am »
Ummm.. This thing is awful. Look at the cockpit. It's terrible! They definitely had the Trophy in mind when they were cooking this thing up, obviously. But it falls woefully short.  Hard Pass. For me, anyway. I would not consider this thing at any price.
"The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

tweedy-bunch