Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: I Got Nailed! New Pirelli Angel GT II's Are On!  (Read 836 times)

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
  • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
I Got Nailed! New Pirelli Angel GT II's Are On!
« on: September 25, 2020, 01:26:36 am »
Yes, As the title implies, I picked up a rather large nail on the way to work about 3 weeks ago. Of course I did not know it so I got to work, got off the bike and went inside. Low and behold, when I came out to go home... Well, you know!  :005: Luckily for me there was an automotive shop right across the street and the gentlemen there was able to get it plugged to get me home. The tire was holding air just fine, but after about 2 trips to and from work (220 miles) I started feeling uncomfortable. I don't like riding on plugs. So I bit the bullet and had a fresh set of Pirelli Angel GT II's mounted today. 

All I can say is... WOW! These tires are simply fantastic. I also had them put the Ride-On treatment inside them so they are always balanced without using weights on the wheels. The Ride-On also resists punctures like the one I suffered. I cannot really lean on them just yet because they are so new, but the basic ride quality is sublime. I know these tires cost more than most, but these are well worth it to me. I cannot believe how much better they are over the original ST's. I mean, it's not even close! This bike will wear the Angel GT II's for as long as they make them.
"The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

Offline jaapvanthoff

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE my2014
  • City / Town: Rotterdam
Re: I Got Nailed! New Pirelli Angel GT II's Are On!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 07:24:23 am »
+1 That is my experience too!
TTSE bleu
Dneper MT 16
ex: BMW R1200RT :-))
Some Saabs, Daimler serie 3

Online pantoscoop

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE15
  • City / Town: Vlaardingen
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 12:09:12 pm »
Good to hear, I am also ready for new ones. Thanks!

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE - Black
  • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 02:55:18 pm »
I ran through two sets of Angel GT tires on my previous BMW K1600GTL, and although I was impressed with both their handling and longevity, the front tire did begin to scallop significantly, beginning at the 5,000 mile mark.

For those of you running the “II’s”, I am curious if you have the same issues with front tire wear.  :084:
Probationary Twisted Trophies Member (Non-Texan)

Offline rpeters549

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Lowell, Or
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 01:47:45 am »
If the ride-on stuff is that goop, make SURE you tell the tire guy before he removes it next change.  They HATE being surprised by that mess!
I always wondered about balance beads - would the powder that forms as the beads wear in any way damage the TPMS module?
Year round rider here!

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 07:46:17 am »
It does not have to damage the TPMS module.

First: because it is sealed.

Second: Inside it does not have any adjustment trimmer at all, which would normally be what the dust causes the impedance of the trimmers to vary.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2020, 11:01:55 am »
rpeters549, I might refer back to a dear departed ex Trophy owner and information supplier here on the forum, SAAZ. He only used beads in his tyres, that he fitted himself, to balance them. No they don't break down or give off powder.
 Back in my younger days when I drove semi trailers interstate the tyre mechanic for company I drove for used golf balls in the truck tyres to balance them. Can't remember how many but they worked a treat.
 When the beads are purchased the amount/quantity for the tyre size is listed on the packaging.
 Hope this info answers a few questions. Cheers.  :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2020, 11:10:33 am »
I have to ask this question ( and I'm sure John would chuckle ) ...

... the tyre mechanic for company I drove for used golf balls in the truck tyres ...

Did he ever get a HOLE IN ONE ?  :745: