Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] $10,000 Mile Service Cost$  (Read 3052 times)

• Offline Canes1   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    640
    • Topic Author

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2017 Phantom Black
    • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
    $10,000 Mile Service Cost$
    on: Sep 26, 2020, 04.46 am
    Sep 26, 2020, 04.46 am
    Did a search for 10,000 mile service (cost) and came away with 1 member being told it would be $750 but ended up at $500.
    Called the closest Triumph dealers service dept. to get an estimate and was told they were too busy to come to the phone? :033:
    Don't know if that's good or bad but, will call again tomorrow.

Also, going to ask dealer what's the price difference if bodywork is pulled when I deliver bike for service. Need to pull it anyways to install drls and crash bars and want to get everything all done at once (including recall).

Anyways, just wanted to get some ballpark prices from members who've had this service done.
    Thanks!  :028:

• Offline digital   es

• Trophy God  ‐    2965

Offline digital

• Trophy God
    • Trophy SE 1200
    • Bike: digital
    • City / Town: Barcelona
    Re: $10,000 Mile Service Cost$
    Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2020, 10.22 am
    Sep 26, 2020, 10.22 am
    Well thought out, since between mounting and dismounting all the fairings requires a good time of labor and you have it at hand, the only thing is to know if the dealer would agree with that.

Perhaps as an excuse this could help you:

Tell the dealer that you are taking the opportunity to take the fairings to paint and that you would also like to take the opportunity to pass that 10,000 mile review, since it would be to kill 2 birds with one stone and the motorcycle would not be parked that long.
    Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

• Offline Canes1   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    640
    • Topic Author

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2017 Phantom Black
    • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
    Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2020, 12.09 pm
    Sep 26, 2020, 12.09 pm
    Good idea, about the paint! Saving $100 or less would not make it worth my time (still work full time here) to pull the bodywork, although if this dealers service department is too busy to answer the phone, they might be interested in a discount!

Just wanting an average of what members have paid for this service, since this is the first time using this dealer .

• Offline digital   es

• Trophy God  ‐    2965

Offline digital

• Trophy God
    • Trophy SE 1200
    Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2020, 01.37 pm
    Sep 26, 2020, 01.37 pm
    I understand clearly.

If I remember correctly, here for that review they charge between € 490 and € 600 approximately. They say they include segment substitution in place if necessary. But honestly I think if they check the calibration of the valves and no segment needs to be replaced. They save having to disassemble the valve bed and all the work that goes with it. But the mentioned amount is charged without doing that work. There are many scoundrels on the loose.

• Offline Saddle Tramp   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    1480

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
    • Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE - SOLD
    • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
    Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2020, 04.13 pm
    Sep 26, 2020, 04.13 pm
    The valves do not require inspection until the 20,000 mile mark.
    By far, the largest part of the 10k Service is in the removal and replacement of the bodywork. That is why I performed that Service myself, and documented it with photos, while also saving the receipts for the items that were replaced.

I was less ambitious when it came to the valves adjustment at the 20k Service, which I had the Triumph Dealer perform, at significant expense. I asked the Triumph mechanic to adjust all of the valves to the middle of their recommended clearances. He said that from his experience with high mileage Trophies, there’s a good chance that the valves will not need another adjustment until more than 100,000 miles have been accumulated. Given that advice, I plan to check valve clearances myself at the 40,000 mile Service, some time next year...

Of course, everyone’s mechanical aptitude varies, but in my case, I have been tackling more and more of my own vehicle maintenance since I retired 8 years ago, and have gotten great satisfaction out of being able to keep advancing my skills. On the other hand, The Mrs. has observed that I would go broke if I had to pay myself by the hour for the time that it took to do some of the projects I have tackled.  :002:

• Offline digital   es

• Trophy God  ‐    2965

Offline digital

• Trophy God
    • Trophy SE 1200
    Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2020, 04.53 pm
    Sep 26, 2020, 04.53 pm
    Your lady must be like mine who says I pay more attention to the bike than to her.  :008:

• Offline Saddle Tramp   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    1480

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
    • Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE - SOLD
    • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
    Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2020, 05.32 pm
    Sep 26, 2020, 05.32 pm
    I don't know why, but she never seems to complain when I find myself in the garage for hours at a time!  :027:

• Offline sp220f   us

• Trophy Member  ‐    12

Offline sp220f

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: 13 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Mountain City, TN
    Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2020, 05.37 pm
    Sep 26, 2020, 05.37 pm
    I paid around $1300 for mine.  But I also went ahead and had them check the valves and do a couple other things to include a complete check since I had just purchase it.  This was a few months ago.  I was more interested in having a good dealer work on it than price.  Think I checked the 3 closest dealers before deciding which one to go to.

tweedy-bunch