Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Cruise Control fault - loose connections, or poor battery?  (Read 858 times)

Online T800XC

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
Re: Cruise Control fault - loose connections, or poor battery?
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2020, 07:55:05 pm »
*Originally Posted by Teign500 [+]
...suddenly heard my ligament disappearing into my calf muscle...All plastered up now, and will resume operations in a few months time...
Bugger! That's worse than I'd hoped when you called.

The offer still stands if you want me to bring the laptop over to your place and take another look at some point while you're recovering.
...we are reviewing telemetric information in our mission simulator and will advise...

Offline Teign500

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE, 2013
  • City / Town: Teignmouth
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2020, 10:11:33 am »
Hi, T800XC and Coconut

Thanks for your thoughts.  I have cancelled the ignition wiring recall for now.  This week or next, I'll get a mate round (fellow Trophy-owner) and get the sensor fitted.  After that, I'd much appreciate a T800XC home-visit to help set up my copy of Dealer Tool.

Some good news - no pain from the injury, and seeing Torbay A+E in two days time, for more information on ways forward. 

I'll post something on the Centre Stand Trophy Forum page also.

Offline Teign500

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE, 2013
  • City / Town: Teignmouth
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2020, 06:25:58 am »
Hi, folks.  An update on what I thought to be a cruise control fault, but which also unearthed a faulty MAP air sensor, a suspect battery, and probably ignition wiring harness issues.

I charged the battery on the bench, then discharged it through an old 21 watt tail light (1.7 amps current draw at 12.4 volts) over 6-7 hours, and reckoned that it had drawn around 10 amp-hours by the time it was flat.  This is half the expected rating, so I fitted a new battery.

A MAP sensor was purchased as ‘used’ on ebay for £15.99 including postage from D Mattison of Bradford (I can give address and telephone number if you message me).  It arrived the next day, and was clearly a new item - nice surprise.  My Trophy-owning mate came round to help fit it, and play about with centre stand ideas (I’ll post those when we have developed them a bit more).

T800XC kindly came over yesterday to get my copy of DealerTool up and running on an old laptop running Windows XP (I’ll need to do a bit more work to get it running on Virtual Bow, running on my Macbook).  The new sensor works fine, and we cleared all fault codes. 

T800XC also loaded his later version of TigerTool onto my old laptop.  This also checks the tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) where fitted on the Trophy.

Ignition harness recall next, and the bike should be back to normal.  The left foot should also be returning to normal after Christmas, but in the meantime, a techno-boot makes hobbling about easier than a plaster cast.  I just need to make up a sole plate for the boot that neatly sleeves over the Trophy gear change……. definitely kidding here.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 06:44:33 am by Teign500 »

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2020, 06:47:55 am »
Thanks for the Update - it’s good to hear
that the problems you had are mostly resolved,
and that your own “repairs” are coming along too !  :028:

Cheers  :821:

Online T800XC

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2020, 12:40:36 pm »
*Originally Posted by Teign500 [+]
T800XC kindly came over yesterday to get my copy of DealerTool up and running on an old laptop running Windows XP (I’ll need to do a bit more work to get it running on Virtual Bow, running on my Macbook).  The new sensor works fine, and we cleared all fault codes. 
The install onto Windows running in VirtualBox on the MacBook wasn't as straight forward as we'd hoped.

Firstly Dealertool didn't send an install CD with the lead, instead opting for a download link to just the basic V6.50a application install files. When trying to install, it failed at the first hurdle because Microsoft's .NET Framework wasn't present. On older Dealertool purchases they supplied all of that on the CD so without that we downloaded .NET Framework from Microsoft but that wouldn't install due to a drive space warning (even though there was ~500GB available). Fortunately I had a full copy of an older Dealertool install CD on my laptop, complete with .NET Framework files, so we gave this a try only to be thwarted by the OS being Win2K which it clearly didn't like. (I should have spotted this earlier to save some time)

We gave up and decided to install the latest Dealertool on the spare laptop running Windows Vista and everything worked smoothly. All functions behaved as expected, the MAP sensor data was reading correctly and the previous DTCs didn't reappear after they'd been cleared.
...we are reviewing telemetric information in our mission simulator and will advise...