Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Prize for Wuss of the week goes to ............  (Read 1576 times)

Offline TrophyCat

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Several
Prize for Wuss of the week goes to ............
« on: September 02, 2013, 06:40:46 am »
ME !!!!

Had an absolutely fantastic weeks holiday in the Alsace (Colmar, Strasbourg and Riquewihr). Beautiful villages, bikers roads. The only thing was my TT did not come with me. Regretfully I used the car!!!!!.

Checked the weather forecast before leaving last Sunday and it said very heavy rain, so decided to leave the TT at home. And my goodness they were right it was bouncing down just south of Cologne. So was happy with the decision to use the car although naturally a bit disappointed.

I've done biking holidays in torrential rain before and its not much fun. I remember once in the 80's on my Suzuki GS550 out of a three week holiday all but 5 days were torrential rain.

Another vindication of my move from BMW to Triumph, arrived at Fort De Schoenenburg (one of the Maginot Line forts) and at the side of me was a BMW bike with the rider obviously in trouble. Apparently a plastic tube thing carrying petrol snapped leaving the poor guy struggling. A  Dutchman was helping him to make a repair. The rider was not very happy with BMW. I offered to help in any way possible before heading off to visit the Fort . Anyway I met up with the owner and his new Dutch pal in the Forts tunnels where he reported they'd managed to fix it with a piece of rubber pipe and a couple of hose clips.
My Diesel BMW (car) thankfully performed flawlessly and was super economical

So for those expecting a holiday report of my TT in France  :431:

Nikki

My current babies:-
2013 TTSE
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650
1997 Yamaha Virago 1100
1979 Suzuki GS750E

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisbech, Cambs
Re: Prize for Wuss of the week goes to ............
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 08:39:42 am »
The most important thing is that you had a good holiday.  :821:

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 09:21:30 am »
Sometimes it just isn't worth travelling on your bike if you are not going to enjoy it.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 03:24:32 pm »
Even though I lived in France and Germany for years the thought of  a weekend jaunt to the Alsace region makes me envious and the mode of transportation wouldn't matter
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

tweedy-bunch