Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Oxford Tank Bag Option  (Read 304 times)

Offline Bobbird

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 1215
  • City / Town: Fleet
Oxford Tank Bag Option
« on: October 17, 2020, 01:05:27 pm »

I have been looking for a tank bag option for a while.  Triumph's own one is no longer made and they come up rarely on ebay and are expensive.  I came across this option and though it might work so invested in the Oxford Quick Release ring Adapter Type 2 which fits perfectly, and the Oxford Q4R 4 Litre Quick Release bag.  Total investment £75.  I needed a couple of additional bullet head M5 35mm bolts over and above those provided in the pack from Oxford, which contains one 35mm M5 and one 20mm M5, both of which are needed.  The bag clips on easily and comes off with a lever on the side.  Just as good as Givi quick release, but that flange doesn't fit the Trophy.
The bag is fairly small - it still butts up against the radio control a little on left hand lock, but as the bag is flexible it's not really an issue.  So now I have a small capacity tank bag to use, which is what I wanted, enough for phone, wallet, a few bits and pieces.

I know a lot of members have wanted a tank bag, so now here is a very good option at last! 

You will see I have fitted the R&G crash bars (determined not to drop it again, but you never know !) and some CEEE V3 riding lights which are great quality.

Bob

Offline Bobbird

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 1215
  • City / Town: Fleet
Re: Oxford Tank Bag Option
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 09:46:51 am »
Sorry, that should have said ‘button head screws’ in the description that are needed!

Offline baz1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: basingstoke
Re: Oxford Tank Bag Option
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 10:02:29 am »
Looks a good option. I have a few Baglux bags of various sizes so just fitted the universal harness.