Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Warranty Expires Today  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE - Black
  • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
Warranty Expires Today
« on: October 25, 2020, 08:39:59 pm »
So, my two year factory warranty is expiring. My Trophy now has 31,000 miles on it. Two components have been replaced under warranty, the rear shock assembly, and the cam chain tensioner, although the new one also sounds like it is beginning to weaken. I will see what Triumph has to say about that when I bring my bike in for the ignition recall next year...

So far so good...  :028:
Probationary Twisted Trophies Member (Non-Texan)

Offline freeride4tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Justin, TX
Re: Warranty Expires Today
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 11:30:24 pm »
Out of curiosity, how did your shock fail?
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 12:53:10 pm »
*Originally Posted by freeride4tom [+]
Out of curiosity, how did your shock fail?

Pretty much right from the time I bought it, the shock would intermittently refuse to change damping when I would switch from solo riding to riding with gear or a passenger. Initially Triumph refused to replace it, claiming that there was a 5% chance that the issue was somehow related to the instrument panel, but they finally came around to the fact that it was the shock itself that wasn’t adjusting. The shock assembly was replaced at 3,000 miles, and has been flawless since.

My suspicion was, and still is that the three years that my Trophy sat on a showroom floor didn’t do it any favors... I imagine that cake and cookies are being served at Triumph HQ today to celebrate what might be the end of warranty coverage for Trophys.  :431:

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Phantom Black
  • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 07:37:31 pm »
Not quite yet...........still have until 8/21 before my warranty expires.  :169:
Bought as a dealer bike with 2 year factory warranty!

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 09:26:49 pm »
No excuse then to not keep piling up those miles to shake the bugs out!  :018:

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 11:21:58 pm »
Copy that!  :028:

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 11:25:30 pm »
Warranty? whats that like. I purchased a 2013 Trophy and lived through most of the failures and recalls that Triumph Trophy had to offer, fuel tank leak/replacement, excessive draw from radio killing the battery, upper engine rebuild, windshield programming, ignition wiring failure before the recall, no warranty coverage there.. replaced the main suspension damper as well. And some others, like fuel gauge sender, clutch slave cylinder. Talk about a fun commute home with no clutch. 7 years and 62,000 miles, its a better bike now than when I first bought it.  Every time I turn the key and hit the road, I feel endurance, stamina, confident, protected, safe, comfortable, able, spoiled, luxurious, sporty, exceptional, and excited. I love this bike, but I am very disappointed in Triumph and their fear to compete in the market due to a poor introduction and support Triumph provided for this model. Like many on this forum, I would buy another new Trophy in a heartbeat, if they were available. But Triumph has lost me as a customer. When my Trophy is finished and can no longer provide joy, I will drop Triumph like they dropped us. Triumph opted for the BIG corporate image of mega sized dealers, dismissing the long time loyal mom and pop businesses, decidedly copying the Hardly Davidson model to success. Which may now not be so successful. They chose not to compete with their products and drive the market, but decided to cower, and let the market drive them. Shame!!! I wouldn't be surprised to find that the Triumph corporate officers don't own a Triumph product other than Triumph accessory apparel. I seem a bit bitter for the Triumph attitude, as i perceive their position to be. They want me to buy a Tiger, and use it as a touring bike!. No new Trophy from Triumph, no new Triumph purchase from me.  Did i get a little carried away? My apologies.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 11:28:37 pm by nert »

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 10:37:20 am »
Agree with the dropping out of the Sport-Touring market. If it weren't for the Trophy, I would not have even looked at Triumph and would be riding a Honda, Yamaha or even BMW.
Sorry, but the Tiger is not my type of bike. Who knows, maybe Triumph will eventually get back into the market with a legitimate Sport-Tourer! :187:

tweedy-bunch