Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Warranty Expires Today  (Read 3498 times)

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE - Black
  • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
Re: Warranty Expires Today
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 01:01:23 pm »
*Originally Posted by nert [+]
Warranty? whats that like. I purchased a 2013 Trophy and lived through most of the failures and recalls that Triumph Trophy had to offer, fuel tank leak/replacement, excessive draw from radio killing the battery, upper engine rebuild, windshield programming, ignition wiring failure before the recall, no warranty coverage there.. replaced the main suspension damper as well. And some others, like fuel gauge sender, clutch slave cylinder. Talk about a fun commute home with no clutch. 7 years and 62,000 miles, its a better bike now than when I first bought it.  Every time I turn the key and hit the road, I feel endurance, stamina, confident, protected, safe, comfortable, able, spoiled, luxurious, sporty, exceptional, and excited. I love this bike, but I am very disappointed in Triumph and their fear to compete in the market due to a poor introduction and support Triumph provided for this model. Like many on this forum, I would buy another new Trophy in a heartbeat, if they were available. But Triumph has lost me as a customer. When my Trophy is finished and can no longer provide joy, I will drop Triumph like they dropped us. Triumph opted for the BIG corporate image of mega sized dealers, dismissing the long time loyal mom and pop businesses, decidedly copying the Hardly Davidson model to success. Which may now not be so successful. They chose not to compete with their products and drive the market, but decided to cower, and let the market drive them. Shame!!! I wouldn't be surprised to find that the Triumph corporate officers don't own a Triumph product other than Triumph accessory apparel. I seem a bit bitter for the Triumph attitude, as i perceive their position to be. They want me to buy a Tiger, and use it as a touring bike!. No new Trophy from Triumph, no new Triumph purchase from me.  Did i get a little carried away? My apologies.

Not carried away at all, nert.
Had I been you, I would have dropped the Trophy like a hot potato after all those initial troubles, and moved on to another brand.
I talked to a long time Triumph Dealer I know in Chicago when I was thinking about buying my Trophy, and he did his best to talk me out of the purchase, based on all the grief he had taken from his Customers that had purchased the early production Trophy's.
I'm glad that I didn't take his advice. Other than the problems I mentioned, it has given me 31,000 enjoyable miles in only two years.

My favorite BMW Dealer emailed me last week saying that BMW has a $1,500 rebate on 2020 RT's, of which he still has several in inventory.
He suggested that if I stopped by with my Trophy, I would be riding home on a new BMW R1250RT.
I thought about it for a while, and decided that I'm not ready to give up on my Trophy, or this riding community just yet.  :038:
Probationary Twisted Trophies Member (Non-Texan)

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 10:47:50 pm »
Saddle Tramp. Just from me, thanks for sticking with your Trophy. Eventually we may all have to look elsewhere for our next bike, or just maybe Triumph might release the updated version of this greatly under appreciated bike. who knows, my fingers are crossed. But on the other hand I might die before that happens. At 72 I've got plenty of years left to wait.  :745: :745:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 10:49:01 am »
*Originally Posted by nert [+]
I am very disappointed in Triumph and their fear to compete in the market due to a poor introduction and support Triumph provided for this model.

So that's the reason Triumph withdrew?

No; the reason they withdrew from the big faired tourer market was based on commercial factors alone, not fear, not a poor introduction and not poor support. They aren't the only manufacturer to cease investment in that market sector due to changing buyer habits.  The Trophy is predominantly an old man's bike.  The world has moved on and the buying public has little interest in such a bike. That's a fact and Triumph's commercial decisions reflect that.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 10:50:49 am by Novocastrian »
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE - Black
  • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 01:52:48 pm »
*Originally Posted by HACKLE [+]
Saddle Tramp. Just from me, thanks for sticking with your Trophy. Eventually we may all have to look elsewhere for our next bike, or just maybe Triumph might release the updated version of this greatly under appreciated bike. who knows, my fingers are crossed. But on the other hand I might die before that happens. At 72 I've got plenty of years left to wait.  :745: :745:

Hackle, your good humor is one of the reasons Iím sticking around!
It took me almost two years to get my Trophy set up just the way I like it.
I donít know if I have that kind of time left to think about setting up another! :153:

I tend to agree with Novocastrian concerning the possibility of another Trophy showing up on the horizon, though. Given our demographic, the only way itís likely to happen is if they shave 200 lbs. of weight and about 500cc of displacement.  :084:
Probationary Twisted Trophies Member (Non-Texan)

Offline cecilt

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2020, 11:38:00 am »
This reminds me of when I was based in Russia, and suggested it would be a good gesture to acquire a Volga as company car. Apart from all the strange looks I got, the most pertinent advice was that nobody should buy a new Volga, only buy used, with the hope that the previous owner has sorted most of the problems! I have had no problems with either of my two Trophy's, other than the standard recalls on the 2013 model. However, it seems as if the selling prices are holding fairly well, despite the range being discontinued. Judging by other tourer owners, I consider my 2017 model a bargain, and a keeper. (For some strange reason, my sons are only eyeing up my Sprint ST though....)
cecilt