Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Front wheel removal  (Read 994 times)

Offline rpeters549

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Lowell, Or
Re: Front wheel removal
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 05:26:07 pm »
To prevent the axle from corroding to anything I have always applied a super thin coating of grease to it,  I mean thin.
I have never yet had an axle stick and this was actually recommended by the manual for my Goldwing.  Over 160k combined on those/these two bikes and never an issue.
I also stack three bags of pellets (for my pellet stove) on the rear seat.  This is enough weight to raise the front wheel off the ground.  Yes, there is still an 'oh sh*t' block of wood under the engine/exhaust, but it minimizes the weight on those components whilst the wheel is off. 
Learned about that block of wood crawling under cars doing work.  Something about the wife not wanting to collect on life insurance. Yet.  Never trust just a jack.  Be careful trusting jack stands.
Year round rider here!

Offline Yaga1973

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, TX
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 06:51:14 pm »
*Originally Posted by rpeters549 [+]
To prevent the axle from corroding to anything I have always applied a super thin coating of grease to it,  I mean thin.
I have never yet had an axle stick and this was actually recommended by the manual for my Goldwing.  Over 160k combined on those/these two bikes and never an issue.

Always a good practice on axle bolts.
Ride safe, ride often!

One of the "New" Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Rick505

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Albuquerque, NM
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 08:40:54 pm »
I'd be happy if I could get my Pit-Bull #26 pin for my front stand and not worry about holding up the front end while I have the tire replaced.   Finally, the last place called me to let me know they didn't have it but could get Pit-Bull to dropship it.  However, due to everything, it might take a couple of weeks.

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2020, 01:10:54 am »
"Also make sure you tell the tire fitter that there are TPMS sensors fitted
behind the valves so that they don’t damage them !"

By all means!!! Especially if it is not a Triumph dealer.  And if they will allow it, ask to be able to tell the technician that is mounting the tires, FACE TO FACE!  Experience speaking after telling TWO different individuals (sales person, and service manager), and it never got relayed to the tech, who broke mine.  Replaced at their cost, but delayed getting it back together.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch