Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Crash Bars by Tralex  (Read 13899 times)

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
Re: Crash Bars by Tralex
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2021, 08:02:29 pm »
The truth is that they have a good finish and the welds are great!
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline wjenkins229

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Victoria
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2021, 06:03:51 am »
*Originally Posted by SolonDDS [+]
I paid with a USAA credit card in Euros and my card did the conversion at the daily rate with no fee $581.00 US dollars including the shipping.   The bank in Spain gave me a choice of paying in Euros or US but their US dollar charge would have been 614.00.   So check your bank fees and exchange rates.

Just ordered from Tralex and my front and back bars are on the way.   I selected the Euro payment and glad I did.  I checked my bank statement once the payment was processed and it was 49 CDN cheaper to select Euro over the offered CDN.  So that is what the difference in Canada is, eh!  :038:   Now to continuously check the tracking....c'mon, c'mon....where are you?
Riding smiles are directly proportional to the tightness of the corners.

Offline TriumphTwo

• Trophy Member
  • Triumph fan
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE 2013, Sprint ST
  • City / Town: Hann. Muenden
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2021, 06:39:11 am »
 :460:  I assume it will be helpful for people outside the EU!
"the hair rising sound of a triple"

Offline fluxxcomp

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Francisco
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2021, 07:06:26 am »
*Originally Posted by TriumphTwo [+]
I installed front bars, pannier bars and the racks for the pannier top.
I will install fog light mountings, which i already bought from Tralex, as soon as the foglights arrive.
Everything fits nice an smooth, everything fits perfectly, installationwise and the looks of it. It looks like a real kit, not a collection of useful pieces.
In german we have a saying which may be translated to "from the same mold", that┤s what I would call it.
I┤ve seen some discussion and pros and cons about the pannier racks.
I would love to have had them on my ST, when recently coming back from a Triumph meeting in heavy Rain.
After 2/3 of the way home the road dried, and I would have loved to put my rain gear using a rubberband on top of the racks instead of opening the full panniers and cram the stuff into the already full box. That was the main idea behind my buy, apart from sleeping back or pad to be put there.

Kind regards
Michael

I bought the rear bars from Tralex (my bike came with R&G on the front already). Mounting is a breeze, no need to take the wheel out.
Guess what- I tested the right side of the crash bars by means of "ground contact" ... the infamous slow U-turn with the pillion mounted. (Oh boy, that is another story).
I can highly recommend to get them... there is no trace on the beautiful blue paint anywhere on the bike.

Muchas Gracias, Tralex!!

Offline RocketSteve

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE & Boss Hoss
  • City / Town: Bideford
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2021, 08:50:52 am »

Tricky business with exchange - Keep it in mind folks that maybe Alex is having to pay the conversion cost in Euros at his end which many will feel is unfair, he (and Digital) do a great job.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 08:54:52 am by RocketSteve »
To test a man's character, give him (horse) power.

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2021, 11:40:40 am »
Thanks RocketSteve.
I don't know how Tralex converts to euros or customs. With the issue of customs I have always had problems with UPS, both in the United States and in the United Kingdom. The last purchase I made in the UK. UPS held the package at Barcelona customs for 2 months.

The last time I spoke to Tralex, he told me that he had sent a lot of crash bars to different countries in Europe and the United States. But we did not get to talk about customs or conversions to the euro.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline LarryJa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Cedarbrook, NJ
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2021, 03:57:38 am »
My recollection it that I paid him via PayPal. They took care of the exchange rate, etc.
A good man once told me, "Don't sell your bike. It's your soul."....

Offline wjenkins229

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Victoria
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2021, 06:59:29 am »
:001: :001: :001:  Well the bars arrived today and since I was following the tracking I stripped the plastic off last night.  Took about an hour to put the bars on and another 90 minutes to get the plastic on.   They look like they should've always been there.  Perfect fit, perfect everything.  To place the crossbar in the correct position I dry fit the bars before torqueing the bolts back up and then removed them, put the side piece back on and finished the install.  Back pieces went on in 10 minutes each.  No need at all to remove the wheel although I could see how that makes a better descriptive video.

So fast from interest to delivery.  I think 8 days total with only 5 for shipping.  Only downside was Canada Customs  :233: getting their grubby little hands of them and charging more tax.  64 dollars worth.   

But that is on them.  Super service, super product, super fast all the way from Europe.  Thanks Tralex!!!!

Those aren't scratches by the way...just weird light reflections
Riding smiles are directly proportional to the tightness of the corners.

tweedy-bunch