Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Electrical Connectors  (Read 1030 times)

Offline thogland

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wasilla
Re: Electrical Connectors
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 05:37:59 am »
*Originally Posted by STJIM [+]
Got the connectors today from Eastern Beaver.  They were shipped from Japan on Frida.  Not bad, 3 Day delivery from Japan to Michigan.  I wonder how long it would take for them to be delivered to the UK?

Yup, those are Sumitomo connectors on the Trophy - at least I have identified the majority of them as Sumitomo connectors that Eastern Beaver stocks in various styles & number of pins.

Now to wire up two relays to supply the current to the high & low beams.  i don't like all the headlamp current going through the handlebar switches.  And if I can find a way to mount some spotlights, I'll wire those up too, maybe using a Skene LED controller.

You did notice that Eastern Beaver sells pre-wired H4 relay kits, right? About halfway down on this page? http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Wiring_Kits/H4_Kits/h4_kits.html

Offline STJIM

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE
  • City / Town: West Michigan
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 02:14:35 pm »
Thanks for the heads-up about that.

Yes I am aware of the pre-wired kits.  I'd rather do my own since I'm planning on using the original connectors and I already have the Panasonic relays and other stuff I'll need to do the job.  And if I install the LED spots, I'll also add a few small toggle switches so I can run the spots only on the slab during the day without the headlamps on and also be able to turn off the spots & headlamps when the bike is running or ignition is only on when on the center stand, etc.

I like using those small Panasonic relays with the molded-in tabs, BTW.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 02:19:26 pm by STJIM »
IBA #35372
BBG  5-2014
SS3K 9-2020
2015 TTSE , 2008 Concours C-14
1998 ST1100

Offline RocketSteve

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE & Boss Hoss
  • City / Town: Bideford
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 02:03:58 pm »
Great link, my order has just arrived (eBay.uk) and these links show you how they assemble...

And how to release...

To test a man's character, give him (horse) power.