Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Kickstand and Lean?  (Read 1438 times)

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE Blue
  • City / Town: Dallas TX
Re: Kickstand and Lean?
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2020, 12:58:56 pm »
Coconut lateral movement on my side stand was 2.24 cm after replacing the side stand without replacing the mount of the side stand it is now half of that.
But it did not seem to change the angle of the Trophy at rest.
IBA # 59602
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

Online nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2020, 12:21:42 pm »
Observation, about lean and possible connection to those who have trouble getting the giant on the center stand.
A question for those of you who have a more pronounced lean, closer to the ground, What kind of effort does it take it get the bike on the center stand. And those of you whos TT stands more vertical, What kind of effort does it take it get the bike on the center stand. Maybe we are talking about suspension height being the difference for both issues? I believe there are seat height differences between TES LOADING (pre-load) Modes, 1UP; 1UP+LUGGAGE; and 2UP. I noticed, that as the TES system self calibrates, the lean angle changes. Often after self calibration, I notice a change in seat ride height. AND, when I have the bike in 2UP mode, it is easier to to get up on the center stand. Same advantage as placing one of the wheels on on a flat board before attempting to place the TT on the center stand. AND to further confound comparisons, some of the bikes don't have the electronic TES fitted on their bikes. True comparison requires that all "checking" of height has all other factors the same. Maybe tire brand/size/ air pressure will make a difference?

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2020, 05:03:18 pm »
I got my 2015 with worn out Michelin pilot road 4 GTĎs  I rode About 300 miles on those before I put the Michelin pilot Road 5 GTís on it.

My 2014 I always kept the Michelin pilot Road 4 GTís on it.

Suspension settings for both where the same, one up Comfort mode.

From the ground to the top side of the end of the left hand grip is 92 cm on mine 2015.
Coconuts is 94.5 cm on his 2017 and Novocastrian is 96.0 cm on his 2016.

This is a wide range from just 3 of us! 🤯
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 05:07:19 pm by 2slowTrophy »
IBA # 59602

Online sp220f

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Mountain City, TN
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2020, 06:40:38 pm »
Mine is about 93.8cm.  2013 set on 1 up Sport w/luggage.  Not sure what bar ends are on it.  Checked 1 up Comfort and it was the same also.

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2020, 08:02:12 am »
*Originally Posted by sp220f [+]
Mine is about 93.8cm.  2013 set on 1 up Sport w/luggage.  Not sure what bar ends are on it.  Checked 1 up Comfort and it was the same also.
sp220f  Thank You for the information.

Itís interesting to see the spread we have.
IBA # 59602

Offline cecilt

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2020, 02:25:43 pm »
Are these measurements influenced by the position of the handlebars being neutral or turned to the right? A better measurement may be the distance from the base of the side stand foot to the ground, with the side stand fully down, bike upright, perpendicular to the surface, and no weight on the bike. Set on 1 up and no luggage, mine is 5.8cm, with a lateral spring-loaded movement of about 1cm.
cecilt

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2020, 04:22:13 pm »
*Originally Posted by 2slowTrophy [+]

If anyone wants to put your Trophy on itís side stand with the Handlebars in the locked position and take a line From the top of the handle bar handle to the ground and let me know what the measurement is in centimeters or inches I would appreciate it that way I can determine if itís just my imagination or if something is indeed a different.

I appreciate all the information So far and to come!  👍
IBA # 59602

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2020, 08:57:48 pm »
Converting my 2013 set 1 up Comfort to metric gives me 94.9325 cm, but that's with the Trophy sidestand foot enlarger.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch