Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Booster Plug for TTSE...Your Welcome!!!  (Read 384 times)

Offline all4beans

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy
Re: Booster Plug for TTSE...Your Welcome!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 03:42:15 pm »
As "Ad" stated it marginally modifies the temp sensing input to the ECM and i'm not really sure it makes enough change to affect emissions results but i guess it would be a slight change.

I'm sure BP themselves can give you all the specifics one could desire.

It should be noted that my 17 TTSE only 7,000 miles on it so some of you with lots more miles may have a more "broke in" bike and could effect results. 

All i know is the after effects, for me at least, were very nice.

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
Re: Booster Plug for TTSE...Your Welcome!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2020, 04:36:32 pm »
I have owned bikes that were too lean, the worst being a 1981 Suzuki GS1100EX, surged so bad around town it was almost unridable.  It had an old-fashion fuel system called 'carburation' and one could 'fix' it by popping the covers off the idle screws ( hidden my the EPA ), and raising the slide needles with tiny washers, possibly a main jet change if necessary.

My '03 BMW R1150RT was also surge-y.  Put a < some device CRS it's name > on that which allowed tuning the fuel injection in the same was you'd tune a carburetor, including adding more 'acceleration pump'.  Could turn the bike into a rocket ship at the cost of mileage, or used mildly - eliminate the surge!!!

'07 Honda ST1300 ( a great bike by the way ) had HORRIBLE off-to-on throttle response.  Riding technical corners was more than scarey... DANGEROUS!!! due to lurch and upsetting of suspension and lean angle.   It's EFI was great except for that.  Bought a < some device CRS it's name >, NOT plug-n-play, a ton of wire splicing required, whose only purpose was to fix that on-off issue.  Made it about 90% better!

'15 BMW F700GS.  Hunted, some off-on, but not worth 'fixing'.  Not great but .. good enough... Lousy mileage...

But the TTSE.  I have no complaint about it at all.  No surge, perfect fueling, excellent transition from throttle off-to-on ( where many bikes fail ).  And my average fuel mileage is 58!!!

7 years, 101,500+ miles and I still love this top-heavy, quirky, rattle-y beast!!!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 04:38:41 pm by janfmiller »
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2008 Kawasaki KLR650
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC