Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: DealerTool Data  (Read 2350 times)

Offline smash

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
Re: DealerTool Data
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2020, 08:06:09 pm »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
Thanks for the update smash.

While not good news at least you now know what's wrong.

Is here any recourse against the Dealership that messed it up,
or any support from Triumph at all ?

Triumph won't be contacted since they bear no fault in the situation.  The service manager suggested I contact the the GM at the other dealership and said he would be glad to talk them and send photos.  I might do that later or tomorrow, but my feeling right now is I'd rather pay the $2500 or so myself and have nothing further to do with them.  I'm not in the best mood right now to achieve anything positive with them anyway.

The service manager asked that I stop by so he could show me exactly what the problem was, which I did since I work close by and was able to get away.  I didn't doubt their diagnosis but I thought it might be an opportunity to learn something.  I was able to spend about 30 minutes with the tech going through things and I was impressed with his knowledge.  He also said everything I did on the 40K service and putting it back together was done correctly.  And the valves, by the way, were spot on when I got through with them.  I asked about getting the throttle body off, and he said you can usually work it off pretty easily without undoing the clamps, then use a very long 3mm screwdriver than will bend a little to tighten the middle clamp after reassembly.

All in all, I don't think it is a horrible outcome.  For a little more than the cost a B service I know my bike is going to be restored to excellent condition, got professional in person confirmation I can do everything necessary to service the bike, and I can remove and reinstall the throttle body if I need to.     

Offline smash

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2021, 10:59:59 pm »
Got the Trophy back today and it runs like a top.  New exhaust valves and replacement cylinder head since the original was too heat damaged for the machine shop to recut the seats.

In the event it might help anyone around here in the future, the dealership that misadjusted the valves then misdiagnosed the problem three times was RideNow Powersports in Olathe, Kansas.  They also refused to return my call and didn't offer so much as an apology.  The dealer who found and fixed the problem was Engle Motors in Kansas City, Missouri.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2021, 11:34:47 am »
Thanks for the update smash -
That information will be useful to those in the area !  :169:  :028:

Great to hear you now have your Trophy back on the road again !  :152:

Cheers  :821:

Offline darmah59

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: SALINE
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2021, 01:31:19 pm »
Injectors are controlled by pulse width modulation(PWM), the ECU measures the amount of time each injector is open and then estimates fuel flow based on max volume for that injector. That being said there are a lot of variables and tolerance that comes with these things, fuel pressure, fuel density, fuel temp, nozzle tolerance, BTU of fuel, etc, so the total fuel flow will have some error in it that might change a little with different types of fuel at different times of the year.
As for fueling the engine, the Trophy is a closed loop system so the injectors are controlled by the Oxygen sensor readings, so this removes some of the error. You can see injector use on Dealer tool and based on this you can probably see if one injector is not working correctly as its duty cycle will be different to the others.

tweedy-bunch