Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Me888 too hard, no grip? Not so fast...  (Read 222 times)

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
Me888 too hard, no grip? Not so fast...
« on: November 21, 2020, 02:23:21 am »
Hey all...just got back from another 2 day ride in the smokies, which of course always has to include a cruise through Deal's Gap.

ME888 on the back, Metzeler TourTec on the front. This is the hardest, highest mileage combo you can put on a Trophy out of the Metzeler catalog, and I'm pretty sure, in general, the highest mileage combo you'll find  for this bike (there might be an even harder front tire...not sure).

Here's me discovering that I have a ground clearance issue w my driving lights. Never occurred to me that this was even a possible issue until last Friday...and nowhere close to the limits of the tires I might add. The light isn't actually touching in that pic, but I dragged it once, and it folded up a bit, and didn't touch again...just scuffed the cover. The left one dragged twice and the second time it broke the plastic cover. I didn't realize any of that as it happens because they moved on the mounts so didn't add appreciable feedback that I noticed over the pegs dragging, which happens just before the lights.

Love these tires, and REALLY love this bike. I love it more every time I ride it.

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE - Black
  • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
Re: Me888 too hard, no grip? Not so fast...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 05:24:46 pm »
I donít see a TourTec tire listed on Metzelerís website?
Probationary Twisted Trophies Member (Non-Texan)

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
Re: Me888 too hard, no grip? Not so fast...
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 05:27:41 pm »
Sorry, it's RoadTec 01.

If you're going to try one, make sure to get the 'HWM' version (Heavy Weight Mf'er)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 05:29:58 pm by dietDrThunder »

tweedy-bunch